Waving the White Flag: Unable to Part with Money

HipI almost titled this entry "Too Old for this Shit." I've been trying to give The Tragically Hip my hard-earned money since 10am this morning. I mentioned the pre-sale for tickets to see The Tragically Hip at Massey Hall started this morning at 10 and I wanted to see my favourite band again.

I made sure I was logged in to thehip.com at 9:30 and I started my F5ing at about 9:56 am. That's when I first got this:

hip2

That can't be good. A few reloads of Firefox later, and I was welcomed. Unfortunately, it wasn't the welcome I was hoping for.

hip

Eventually, I got this exciting new error message.

hip3

After fifteen minutes of this crap, I saw a light at the end of the tunnel. An image loaded!

hip5

I was determined to see my band for an eleventh time. Now, the header was loading, so I felt optimistic.

hip4

Oh great.. a new challenge to overcome...

hip6

A half hour in, I had to bail. I have work to do... and a 12 o'clock meeting to prepare for. The real world beckons and I can't afford to play the F5 challenge with thehip.com all morning. I gave it one last shot...

hip7

I give up. Unless a fellow Hip fan or a member of the Hip team grants this fan his wish, I won't be updating https://www.torontomike.com/tragicallyhip.html again this May.

I know when I'm licked.

Buffalo Boy Mike

I managed to get a ticket thanks to my wife working both our laptops for the better part of 45 minutes. Got one to the Lewiston show. Didn't this happen the last tour where so many people logged on at one time that they crashed the site?
Anyway what irks me is that a $59 ticket costs $71.25 after an $8 convenience fee and $3.25 order processing. What processing? It went through a damn computer that will print the ticket for them. All they have to do is spend 20 seconds putting the tickets into an envelop and sending them on their merry way to my doorstep. Convenience fee? That was not convenient, I work during the day on Tuesdays, luckily my wife had the day off, but it wasn't convenient for her,it was a pain in the ass. They should pay her $8 for the inconvenience.

March 3, 2009 @ 11:41 AM

Toronto Mike

I don't really have $100 for a ticket anyway - I need a Fort York or Molson Amphitheatre show for $50.

March 3, 2009 @ 11:49 AM

Buffalo Boy Mike

I Told my wife if the the tickets are over $50 Im going by myself
So I am
IF you get tickets at Artpark, the lawn seats don't even have a view of the stage!

March 3, 2009 @ 11:55 AM

James Edgar

I didn't get any tickets either. I do have $100 for tickets dammit. this is the only show i wanted to see this year so I'm bummed. if the show is not completely sold out I'll try friday on ticket master. But I'm not to confident that will work.

March 3, 2009 @ 12:18 PM

Mike from Lowville

BB Mike? I went to the Artpark site and there not on sale yet unless you have a code. WTF is that?

March 3, 2009 @ 1:42 PM

Buffalo Boy Mike

Mike from Lowville,
Yeah the password, you have to register with the hips website, log in and the passwords show up.
Enter the password at the ticket site and you can then order the presales
Its retarded but I understand why they doit. IT is to prohibit scalpers

March 3, 2009 @ 9:45 PM

elvis

Q107 Pre-Sale
Thursday, March 5th @ 10AM (until 10PM)

Password is: Fully

March 4, 2009 @ 10:29 AM

Jason | GetYourOJ.com

that's lame. you champion the hip and should get a ticket

March 4, 2009 @ 9:40 PM

Anonymous

Try Live Nation I just bought 4 tickets at 4:45

March 5, 2009 @ 4:50 PM

James Edgar

I missed the Q107 thing. I should have an email from them :( BUT I did just get 4 tickets on Ticketmaster at 10 am. 2nd Balcony but that should still be OK.

March 6, 2009 @ 10:13 AM

Gord

I got 4 for the Kitchener show
Big fan,this will be my first time seeing Gord and the boys!

March 6, 2009 @ 11:40 AM