Tucker In The Morning Axed by 999 Virgin Radio

There are big changes to 999 Virgin Radio's lineup, starting with Tucker In The Morning with Maura Grierson, and Andy Wilson. That show has been cancelled after 3.5 years.

Tucker-Maura

Tucker, you may recall, took over when Jay "Maddog" Michaels was dumped after nine years. Jay's a good example of how there are silver linings when such restructuring takes place, as he's now co-hosting the Newstalk 1010 afternoon drive show with Ryan Doyle.

When Adam Wylde quit his gig at KiSS 92.5, I initially thought he might be heading to CHUM to join his mom, but quickly realized he was a much better fit at Virgin. This is just speculation on my part, but it's possible that's exactly what's happening here.

In the meantime, the ever popular Virgin Radio Music will take you from 10pm to 9am when singularly-named Luke is on the air until singularly-named TJ takes over. TJ's just lucky TJ Connors left 97.7 HTZ-FM for Winnipeg so confusion could be minimized.

Also let go during this overhaul is midday host Kella Duncan, Will Nash, and Tessa.

999

Here's Tucker's comments from today about his firing, posted to his Instagram page.

At 9:10am this morning I was told that my services were no longer required at 999 Virgin Radio. Shortly after @mauragrierson and @andywilson123 were also let go. This came as a surprise as our show was out performing the rest of the station for the better part of the last 2 Year’s and held the #1 position in our demo for the last 12 months. Honestly, I have never seen a company blow up a show that got along so well and had the track record we had. I wish I could tell you why but they never give you the details when they are stripping you of your key card and walking you out the door. Obviously I’m a mix of pissed off and sad. The one thing I will say is that I was lucky to have had the chance to work with Maura, Wilson and Robyn! We had a great time on and off the air.

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Haven't listened to this station since the Maureen Holloway era, so I sort of feel like I'm looking
at a bunch of anonymous pretty people on the backs of milk cartons!! Feeble attempt at humour
aside, always unfortunate when the on-air talent takes the fall for managerial malaise....

November 20, 2018 @ 4:12 PM

@bsmntdwllr73

You bring up an interesting point.

Sure, the station advertises itself, but when was the last time a personality on this station was properly marketed to this city?

I believe it was Maddog and Billie.

November 20, 2018 @ 4:37 PM

River

Looks like Will Nash was let go as well.

November 20, 2018 @ 4:53 PM

Not Scot Turner

Format flip to country.

November 20, 2018 @ 5:06 PM

@Not Scot Turner

But there are many cookie-cutter Virgin Radio stations across the country. I'd be pretty shocked if they suddenly flipped to all country. And that would blow up my Adam Wylde theory I've been holding on to for the past six months!

November 20, 2018 @ 5:08 PM

Brian Cook

Word for a while is that Bell didn't want to use the Virgin radio name but were contractually obligated until this year. Word is that all virgin stations will eventually change name, some change format but will follow the iHeartradio branding.

November 20, 2018 @ 5:19 PM

@Brian Cook

That makes sense...

November 20, 2018 @ 6:07 PM

Not Dean Blundell

Most of the staff are blown out at Virgin. A format change is obvious. CHUM is now referred to as a pop station so they would be competing against Virgin with the same owners. New format coming.

November 20, 2018 @ 6:15 PM

Jillian

"Whatcha doing at the courthouse?" with Wilson is the best thing I've heard on the radio in a long time. Guess that's done too.

November 20, 2018 @ 6:44 PM

Anonymous

Tucker fired, Maura fired, Robyn fired, Andy fired, Kella fired, Will fired, Tessa fired.

Merry Christmas!

November 20, 2018 @ 6:50 PM

LieveFamke

@Jillian, that's the only reason I listened to 99.9 when I got up! It made me laugh every time!!

November 20, 2018 @ 7:07 PM

Chuck 99

Rumors of a format change are rampant on other blogs and discussion boards as well. Many of us thought 102.1 The Edge was headed for a format flip a few months ago, but they basically just shuffled the deck with their announcing staff. I believe a Toronto station will eventually adopt a Country Music format, but only time will tell whether that station is 99.9.

November 20, 2018 @ 7:15 PM

Greg

The country audience is already served in the GTA by KX94 (Hamilton) and KX96 (Ajax). Does the market need one in Toronto proper?

November 20, 2018 @ 7:41 PM

Not Jesse and Gene

Format flip not coming.
Not considering who they kept...
They are going younger and maybe even a touch more urban.
Agree with virgin name drop to iheart. Makes sense.
Look for syndication in non drive times across the “network”

November 20, 2018 @ 7:48 PM

Rob

Scott left Virgin 97.5 in London and had good book. Went for brighter lights in the Big Smoke. Originally was with Corus FM96 in London. Good Talent.

November 20, 2018 @ 8:47 PM

That's Not My Name

The annual pre-Christmas/holiday purge. That's corporate radio for you!

Also looking at that current lineup...ooooof. Seems a little heavy on the testosterone at the moment.

November 20, 2018 @ 9:32 PM

Brian Cook

Most of that lineup originates in Kitchener or London. I don't believe anyone is local. All it is right now is filler until a format or name change happens. Probably won't see local on air until the new year

November 20, 2018 @ 10:02 PM

Originally I included Robyn Gerson among those who were fired. It seems she's survived these cuts. I've edited the original entry to reflect this fact.

November 20, 2018 @ 10:29 PM

Broni

It always seemed interesting how the two true Top 40 stations in the city marketed themselves: Virgin was all about the music and never promoted the Tucker morning show, whereas KiSS 925 only promotes their morning show. Judging by who's left at Virgin, a tweak to a younger skew is probably a safer bet than a complete format flip. Sister station CHUM has/is going younger and they'll want to keep the two stations separate.

November 20, 2018 @ 10:40 PM

Not Airchecker

Virgins Courthouse bit isn't exclusive to the Toronto market and can be heard on other properties. They likely syndicate the bits. Why urban? Feed of the success of 93.5? That's tongue in cheek because 93.5 has no success. Country is just Hot AC so it makes sense to keep youth.

November 21, 2018 @ 8:46 AM

Jennifer McGee

Worked in sales for awhile and they were trying to replace that morning show for at least three years. I don't know how anyone wants to be in radio. It's so cutthroat.

November 21, 2018 @ 9:39 AM

Adrian Chan

It's quite odd that Virgin Radio Toronto lays most of its on-air staff, including Tucker in the Morning and mid-day staffs such as Will Nash and Kella. However I think a change in brand-name or format change is barely possible, as staffs in other major Virgin stations in Canada like Montreal and Vancouver still remains there. It's even impossible from the perspective of ratings, as from the book summer 2018 99.9 Virgin T.O. has a rating of 6.3, far surpassing CHR competitors KiSS 92.5 and Z103.5. Its accumulative listeners just ranked behind CHFI, with 719.5K. I think the major reason is possibly a massive funding cut from Bell in Toronto, or more possibly changing the air-staff to a more local-oriented group. Adam Wylde is one of the best guesses of the new morning crew, while I'm not sure about the mid-day crews......

November 21, 2018 @ 10:42 AM

Not Adrian

First (and second,third,fourth,fifth...) time poster?

November 21, 2018 @ 12:44 PM

Rick C in Oakville

A couple of comments as a total outsider, but a keen observer over the last 15 years.
Other than this is a brutal and very public, possibly humiliating profession especially when it comes to your employment/ termination.
As with the CFNY crew years ago, Chris Sheppard, Martin Streek, Humble and Fred, and Erin Davis, Roger Ashby, Raina, Bookie etc. Etc., it looks like you need to build your personal brand to keep your head above the water. Stick your neck out like Mike, have a meet and great, interact with your audience, as what the above shows, very few know who these personalities are.
Jamar came on Mikes podcast, showed he is more than just someone dropped into CHUM, and can carry the weight of transitioning the morning show. He even agreed to KOTJ, and he revealed his love of WWF, something you would not know if you just listened to 104.5.
Humble and Fred have always responded to criticism, comments, listener input, which love them or hate them gets listeners engaged.

November 21, 2018 @ 2:57 PM

The Virgin Radio Edmonton morning show was let go today as well.

November 21, 2018 @ 4:19 PM

jj

Damn :/ I understand the landscape is changing, and I know that people get let go every single day through no fault of their own, but holiday layoffs - sigh.

November 21, 2018 @ 4:35 PM

bsmntdwllr73

And we still have all those inevitable post-"Bell Let's Talk 2019" layoffs to look forward to only a couple
of months from now!! Methinks that it is not a coincidence that bell(!!) rhymes with HELL(!), as there
is undoubtedly a special place in hell for their upper management regime, especially when it chooses to enact such hardly charitable measures a mere month before the holidays. But don't worry, those
corporate pricks will eventually be on the chopping block as well. F@$K 'em!!!

November 21, 2018 @ 5:32 PM

Lachay

Probably the most entertaining morning show host in this city.
Even if they are flipping the format, keep a talent like Tucker.
Just fools in charge who shouldn't be in charge.

November 21, 2018 @ 9:13 PM

jackie

I wondered what was going on , sorry TJ but your show is boring . I will now switch back to
Chum.. I only listened because I loved Tucker and crew they were my morning commute team and they made me laugh , they were hilarious .. so here I come chum .. bad move virgin radio

November 22, 2018 @ 7:22 AM

Vilma Lazrado

omg! i knew something was wrong when i only heard Tj. The only reason i listened to 99.9 was because of tucker and the crew and the awesome chemistry they had. They made my long travel bearable. so going to miss them. what was 99.9 thinking. so sorry to see this talent go. Tucker and team hang in there!

November 22, 2018 @ 8:01 AM

Susan Heaton

So very disappointed, loved this show and will not be listening to Virgin Radio any more. Back to Chum

November 22, 2018 @ 8:41 AM

Anonymous

JUST WOW! very disappointed. There goes my mornings, now the station is just like any other station BORING with overplayed songs.

November 22, 2018 @ 9:52 AM

Lucas

Replacing Tucker in the Morning with some occasional 3-second long comments by TJ in between songs was a pretty dumb move. Hopefully they find positions somewhere else, would be even better if they could do another show together somewhere else because that team worked together well. Some of the games got old quickly but the other segments and the better games were just the right thing for a morning drive. Now we just get TJ's comments which are more an afternoon kind of thing than a morning thing. Meh

November 22, 2018 @ 10:04 AM

bsmntdwllr73

Great suggestion for clueless Bell Media execs to quickly implement: Blonde men and white women
with beards! (Semi-reverse of their clearly no longer profitable longtime programming strategy.)
Imagine all the major coin they could pull-in by targeting that ever-burgeoning electrolysis trade,
not to mention manufacturers of products targeting unwanted body hair!! A potential goldmine in the making.

November 22, 2018 @ 10:33 AM

FWIW, I'm all but certain this current show with TJ is just temporary filler before they unveil the new morning show.

Will the new morning show be:

1. Adam Wylde and friend(s)
2. Syndicated programming heard throughout the country
3. ???

November 22, 2018 @ 11:26 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
In other Bell Media chopping block news, it would appear as if former MuchMusic VJ and longtime
etalk correspondent Devon Soltendieck has also been relieved of his duties. Last night's show featured a teary-eyed Benedict Mulroney and the tres foxy Danielle Graham running a two-minute montage of his greatest hits at the end of the broadcast. Real classy, but not like he was there to join in on all their fond reminiscing! Always amazes me how Benny boy manages to escape the dreaded hook year after year, especially when he brings in far more than the repeatedly fired co-workers around him. Such a shame that his law degree from Laval has gone to waste all these years!!

As for the new Virgin morning show, they should just run the audio feed from CTV's Your Morning:
BenFM- All Ben, All The Time!!!

November 22, 2018 @ 11:33 AM

The Real Gritty

Good to see they're still serving their generic-male-with-the-exact-same-haircut market!!

November 22, 2018 @ 11:57 AM

Candace

I was listening to the radio on Monday morning, and thought to myself "Oh they must be on holidays or something", then i read this article today and am completely shocked. I LOVE the morning ride into work listening to all of them, they make me laugh and smile before i have even had my first morning tea. Trust me that's saying something, I will no longer be listening to 99.9 & i have been listening to this station since i was a small child, it is not the same with the new people, not the same chemistry or anything.
HIRE BACK THE GANG!!

November 22, 2018 @ 3:00 PM

I heard Devon Soltendieck was let go. This all seems part of a larger wave of Bell Media cuts. I feel like I've typed that sentence before, because I have.

I somehow missed Devon's career. He showed up at Much after I was done watching the station, and I've never been interested in Entertainment Tonight type shows. He was there a long time, though.

November 22, 2018 @ 4:36 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
But again, why does Mulroney Jr. always survive the cuts? Is Papa M. on the Bell Media board
or something? Regardless of what one thinks of his skill(s) (or possible lack there of!) and charisma,
every time he bids farewell to a co-host on air, it almost feels like on the inside he is softly chanting
Highlander's infamous line "There Can Be Only One...(man)!" to himself, even though his remaining co-hosts are all ladies, except for recent E! transfer Tyrone Edwards.

November 22, 2018 @ 4:53 PM

@bsmntdwllr73

Lots of people survive the cuts. Marilyn Denis, Ken Shaw... lots of people! Maybe they see Ben as a big name and worth his price tag. :)

November 22, 2018 @ 5:06 PM

Logic

Format will not be flipping to country. A country station would not keep Dames or TJ around.

Adam Wylde is probably coming in.

The format may be hot AC or they will go up against The Move with Hip Hop and R&B with more throwbacks.

November 22, 2018 @ 5:59 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Well, maybe now is the time for the rest of those media dinosaurs to slowly be phased out
and to give some new folks a chance, even if they are simply veterans brought in from other
markets? Pretty sure that Shaw and Denis have enough acorns squirreled away for their golden
years, and Benedict's act was tired almost as soon as it began (talktv's unmissed the chatroom!).

November 22, 2018 @ 6:49 PM

T

I also noticed that former Flow announcer JNess, who went to Ottawa for a gig is now back in Toronto with details “coming soon”. I won’t be surprised if she’ll have a spot on 99.9.

November 22, 2018 @ 7:05 PM

Captain (maybe not so) Obvious

you know, when you say "I'm just going to listen to CHUM now", that's exactly what they want, as they own both, and that's also the problem...they're both living on the same island and are each others biggest competitors.

So while a format flip seems unlikely, it would cure themselves of competing against themselves if they believed most of the upset abandoned Virgin audience would simply move over to CHUM padding their numbers there to better compete with CHFI.

November 22, 2018 @ 7:31 PM

the brother

JJ & Melanie (of Flow 93.5 fame) as potential rebranded Virgin hosts? Could Freeway and Nat return from Montreal?

Jay Michaels and Taylor Kaye get my vote!

"Tay & Jay on Power99 Mornings"

;)

November 22, 2018 @ 8:47 PM

Daniel Francis

Maura Grierson has been with the same station for a long time. A very, very, very long time. Going back to the days when the station was known as Mix 999. She was able to survive the cuts all through the years at that station and the branding changes as well. Unfortunately she was not able to survive the latest cuts at 999 Virgin Radio.

November 22, 2018 @ 9:15 PM

Blueboy114

I remember a few years ago the rights for Virgin Radio in Vavcouver were sold or expired and their long time and popular morning show Nat and Drew were abruptly dropped like Tucker and Maura something about Virgin owning the rights to the show. Makes it seem like the same thing may be coming down the pipeline for the Toronto station too?

November 22, 2018 @ 9:19 PM

ajày

I don't think Virgin took into account it's viewers when they did this sadistic act. It' s unforgivable so close to Christmas... music alone does not carry a programme. I especially love Maura and Wilson. It' s time for me to find another morning show.

November 22, 2018 @ 10:18 PM

James Edgar

I haven't listened to 99.9 for ages as I don't have to drive my daughter to the bus anymore so I'm not familiar with the hosts . I think i have heard them when i was driving her last year and when they were not playing the garbage music ( GET OFF MY LAWN YOU ROTTEN KIDS!) they did have some personality and even i laughed sometimes.

Too bad for them especially this close to Christmas but it sure does seem like Bell's usual routine.

November 23, 2018 @ 12:45 PM

Christine

I too thought Tucker and Maura and Robin and Wilson were off on a Trip with Virgin Winners this week.
I found out on Instagram where I follow them all this morning.

They were part of my morning routine for over 2 years! I wish them all the best and maybe something better is in their future! I am really disappointed that Bell would do this considering the followers and listeners that Virgin 99.9 had with the best morning show in radio in my opinion!

November 23, 2018 @ 2:43 PM

Jo

I am so sorry that Tucker in the Morning was cancelled. I loved the chemistry between Tucker, Maura, Robyn and Wilson, they made me laugh in the mornings. Maybe Bell should have consulted with their listeners to see what they wanted, but I guess they don't care. I have stopped listening to 99.9 now and will make sure whatever new morning show I find, it will not be a BELL station.
Tucker, Maura, Wilson and Robyn will be MISSED.

November 24, 2018 @ 9:28 AM

Ali

Hey Mike, Do update us on which channel Tucker and Company move too...

Sad..

November 25, 2018 @ 10:34 PM

Kendall

I can't believe it. I have been listening to this show for the past 3 years driving to work every day. I will no longer listen to this station. I loved the morning program. It always had me smiling or laughing before I got to work - and that is important! So sorry to hear that all those people have been let go.

November 26, 2018 @ 8:38 AM

Heidi

Don't normally comment or share my opinions online, but I am very upset with the firing of Tucker in the morning and his crew... They were entertaining, amusing and down right funny... I have already switched the dial to another station.... And no not trashy CHUM!!!! Please keep us posted as to where the team travels to... I'll be there and ready to listen!!! To bigger and better things to come!! Wishing you Tucker, Maura and Wilson all the very best!!!

November 26, 2018 @ 12:56 PM

Grace Panoff

These guys were so funny! So sad! They should start a YouTube channel so we can see them live. They would make a fortune!

November 26, 2018 @ 5:58 PM

From the Hammer

Why do radio executives randomly cut a popular morning show with no fair warning.
I too agree with Tucker's comments; the team was hilarious and loved the break from the crazy commute everyday!
Very sad and I will miss you all.

November 26, 2018 @ 10:29 PM

Catherine

Too bad. Thought this was a great team and that’s how I started every morning. TJ just not doing it for me. May need to switch to another station with more on air synergy.

November 27, 2018 @ 7:19 AM

jackie

My morning commute is now so fricking boring , nothing to laugh about anymore , Chum
is so boring OMG yawn , so I am now listening to Christmas songs on 98.1
Bring back Tucker and crew and whats happening at the courthouse and the Friday song

November 27, 2018 @ 8:00 AM

Laura Cirlincione

My commute is over an hour in the morning and I always listened to Tucker, Maura, Robyn and Wilson. They were a great team and they will be sadly missed. I think this was a bad decision.
Although I like TJ, I will not be listening to Virgin again. Removing this station from my pre-set.

November 27, 2018 @ 9:27 AM

Not Mike Devine

I am going with New Country - Red Hot format folks

November 27, 2018 @ 5:10 PM

Sharon

Sorry to hear about firing the Tucker in the Morning gang. It took a while for the group to gel and find their groove, but I recently found them much improved and was enjoying tuning in on my morning drive. Bad decision by 99.9. Sorry to say but there really is no on air talent left at the Mix now. A Wasteland.

November 27, 2018 @ 5:28 PM

James

I really loved the show driving into work...even back when Andrea Collins was there....Does this have any thing to do with the morning segment about HAZING, where they had to retract "the call in" about hazing stories from listeners??????? If so is nobody allowed to make mistakes....WTF

November 27, 2018 @ 6:15 PM

Wendy

Sooo Upset!
I listened to Tucker In The Morning and loved Tucker, Maura, Wilson and Robyn. They made me laugh on the way to work.
"Whatcha Doin At The Courthouse" was hilarious!
Virgin Radio you have just lost a dedicated listener.

November 27, 2018 @ 11:42 PM

Jenny C

I only list to 99.9 virgin radio in the morning because it's the only show I can tolerate. I really love Tucker and his crew to get me through my morning drive. This station has made a MISTAKE for cancelling it. I will continue to listen to my Sirius as I do on my drive home in the evening.

You will not find another group of talented people to host the morning show. What I had to listen to since it's been cancelled is not acceptable and nor will your new morning show when you get that up and running.

Shame on you!!

November 28, 2018 @ 9:26 AM

Jane

Actually happy they're gone. Tucker just loved the sound of his own voice and the 'contests' were getting so ridiculous they were infantile!! Hopefully there'll be less talk and more music!!!

November 28, 2018 @ 2:09 PM

Ant

Im so disappointed that Tucker on the morning was cancelled. The team was fantastic together. I went back to 92.5 kiss and will never go back to 99.9. Tj is boring and his voice
Whoever made the decision was not thinking clearly. I wish the team would be taken on as a group by another station cuz I would follow

November 28, 2018 @ 11:50 PM

Ant

November 28, 2018 @ 11:50 PM

Anonymous

I drive my 15 year old to school in the morning and he loves the show and laughs at Wilson's Court house bit. I was upset when Maddog was let go then when Tucker came it was entertaining morning show....I now listen to 99.1 news rather than listening to 99.9 in the morning....they are not funny Virgin.

November 30, 2018 @ 9:09 AM

Phillip Foote

Tucker in the morning was the best, not the same anymore need to bring Tucker in the morning back.

December 3, 2018 @ 3:22 PM

Sammy Chow

there goes my morning commute to work.. 1.5 hours of not listening to anything will be "it" for me.. Tucker in the Morning with Moura, Wilson and Robyn was the best.. please keep us posted on their next venture.. will be following them like a die-hard fan!!

December 4, 2018 @ 11:03 AM

Anonymous

This a huge mistake! Tucker kept me listening to Vigrin radio... No more! Who are the idiots that made this decision. I knew something was wrong when I heard that guy with the wacky voice on all the time ! So long Virgin radio... you have blown it again! Good luck Tucker!

December 4, 2018 @ 4:49 PM

Linda

So sad Tucker is gone.. listening toTJ makes me shut your station off. WTF !
Huge mistake! Back to 102.5 and KISS.

December 4, 2018 @ 4:53 PM

George

I’m so disappointed with this change. To be honest, I would only listen to hear the morning crew. They were the saving grace as I have been so tired of the over played Drake songs. (I do like Drake but come on). I would change the channel and come back when Tucker in the Morning crew were back on. No offence to the new crew but without Tucker, no more Virgjn radio for me.

December 4, 2018 @ 7:47 PM

Sue

Wow, call me shocked. I too thought Maura and Tucker must be on vacation, but after them being gone for the second week, I started googling. I heard Robyn this morning and somebody. They're trying, but it's incomplete, and without substance. There was so much camaraderie between the morning crew that is woefully missing now. THEY were the reason I listened to 99.9 on my morning commute. I'll definitely be finding a new station to listen to. :( Tucker, Maura, Behind the Scenes Wilson, you will be missed by many!

December 5, 2018 @ 9:34 AM

sonja

well that stinks..... was wondering what was going on... have been bored out of my skull this past week or two.... I only ever listened to this station on my drive to work in the morning as Tucker and Maura kept me laughing, was a great show to listen to during my commute..... time to switch stations.... current format drabber than drab.... why even bother.... buh bye 99.9.

December 5, 2018 @ 5:27 PM

Nicholas P

99.9 virgin radio is now saying there will be something WILD ( Wylde, I’m assuming) coming in January 2019. I’m curious to see how this pans out. I honestly only listen to 99.9 still because of Robyn and Dames nelles. Everything else sucks

December 7, 2018 @ 2:40 AM

Gary Everson

I wondered where Tucker and Maura were, I thought vacation, then I goggled and found out they axed them both including Wilson. What a mistake that was. No more laughs in the morning, no more silly games they played, the courthouse., etc...... Now it is just TJ and Robyn, they don't talk much, they say very little, the chemistry is gone and NO laughs. The bosses think this is better radio ?..............not even close. I will be switching stations as I enjoyed listening to them all in the morning on my drive to work. It is so boring now, there is nothing to hold my interest. Humor and music is a great combination and now it is just music. Bad move.

December 7, 2018 @ 8:13 AM

I'm all but certain the new morning show will be announced soon and will be led by Adam Wylde.

December 7, 2018 @ 8:52 AM

Judy winton

I loved listening on my way to work, they always made me laugh. It was a great way to start the day. I will switch stations now

December 7, 2018 @ 11:52 AM

Judy winton

December 7, 2018 @ 11:52 AM

Judy winton

December 7, 2018 @ 11:52 AM

Judy winton

December 7, 2018 @ 11:52 AM

Judy winton

December 7, 2018 @ 11:52 AM

Dk

This is a real big mistake for virgin Radio! I like TJ but only in the evenings! I hope the show fails miserably and they lose all there listeners! That is what they deserve for letting talented people go just before Christmas 😢they will be missed!!

December 11, 2018 @ 10:30 PM

Jennie K.

I am so disappointed. Done with 99.9. Tucker, Maura and Behind the scenes Wilson...you guys made my morning drive awesome. I hope that another radio station picks you guys up together. All of your loyal listeners (not virgin's) have jumed ship and will continue to boycott. Unfortunately for Virgin, they did not take into account what the listeners want.

December 11, 2018 @ 10:44 PM

Jennie K.

December 11, 2018 @ 10:44 PM

Cat

What a shit show now..sorry but TJ is not funny, his humor is childish and not even funny.

You have lost another listener, but it appears you don't care, you've done this before to host/hostess we've enjoyed but hey it's all about YOU!

Wrong move...if you want a bunch of 12 years listening to your channel go for it...You've lost my loyalty!

All the good DJ you have dismissed...replaced with a bunch of no names...

Good luck!

December 12, 2018 @ 7:03 AM

Karen Phillips

Wow! Very disappointed! We used to listen to Best of Tucker every weekend. Great chemistry between all the players. Absolutely loved Wilson at the courthouse! Hope you guys surface somewhere else soon.

December 13, 2018 @ 8:28 AM

Sara

Its awful that Tucker in the morning was fired!! Big Mistake!! This morning show was amazing the team was funny and all the talk was perfect to listen to on my way to work everyday. The absolute best was "whatcha doing at the Courthouse", Wilson was awesome at this. I will really miss them, and won't be listening to 99.9 Virgin Radio anymore.

December 13, 2018 @ 7:18 PM

Rick C in Oakville

For fans of Tucker etc. , heard on Humble and Fred this week on their Podcast extra that they are recording a podcast to keep in touch with their fans.

December 13, 2018 @ 9:16 PM

Elena

I have been wondering where Tucker and Maura were! I miss you guys every morning - my ride to work and daycare dropoff were waaaaay better with the show on the radio. Now it’s just TJ and Robyn - not the same. Robyn is sweet and TJ is ok for the 5pm rush-hour but not in the am. I will miss Whatcha doin at the courthouse with behind the scenes Wilson too. Ugh! I dont agree with the decision and based on the info shared by Tucker, I dont agree with the way it was done. I would have liked, as a loyal listener, to hear from Tucker,Maura and Wilson on air that it was going to be their last show - i.e. some sort of a closure would have been nice.

December 14, 2018 @ 9:19 AM

Natasha

This is crazy.I was wondering why I no longer hear you guys in the morning.I loved Roz and Mocca til I outgrew their childish antics and "Maury" angle.I loved the 99.9 crew in the morning drive. I would love to know exactly what event caused this sudden dismissal.Ridic !!!!! Will miss you guys especially he court segment.Not happy !!!

December 15, 2018 @ 2:32 PM

Jo

I have not listened to 99.9 in the morning since they let Tucker, Maura and Wilson go. Glad to hear they have done a couple of podcasts. https://podtail.com/podcast/tucker-maura-wilson/

December 16, 2018 @ 3:49 PM

Karen

You guys were the reason why I listened in the morning. Your humour, quick wit, and ability to give and take jokes about each other made me laugh every day. I even had my alarm clock set to your show! Now that I know why you're all gone, I'm changing the station on my alarm clock. Very disappointed.

December 18, 2018 @ 10:36 AM

Jan

Wow - I was wondering why TJ was filling in for so long and then realized there must have been a change. Honestly no offence to TJ but not my fav. Will really miss Tucker, Maura and Wilson - they made me smile each morning. Likely head back to 92.5 for awhile.

December 18, 2018 @ 11:08 PM

Julie

How disappointing; I knew they must have been taken off the air, but I hoped I was wrong! Thank you for posting this to confirm it Mike. I won’t be wasting my time listening to 99.9 now...I’m not a huge fan of the music anyway, but I loved the morning show with Tucker, Maura and Wilson, and I listened just to hear their hilarious morning banter, games, and of course the ‘courthouse’. Definitely not switching to CHUM either!!

December 19, 2018 @ 8:32 AM

Dan

WOW, no words to describe but I’m going to try. The execs at bell media or whomever owns the station have no clue what they did, definitely switching stations. Tucker was awesome to listen to and the chemistry with the crew was great, thank does have not a radio voice, sorry tj but even more so his sense of humour sucks. I’m sure you guys will see your ratings drop like mad. I hope tucker and the gang find a new radio station soon so I can go back to listening, chum isn’t bad, I agree with one of the other comments that Roz and mocha are good minus Maury, it’s becomes childish. Scott and Cat well boring!!! Just apologize and bring back tucker and the gang

December 19, 2018 @ 9:18 AM

mgr

I always thought Maura's 'up-talk' voice was a real turn-off and it was like she was trying too hard and couldn't relax. I also thought Tucker had a small town voice and came off kind of smug, just unpleasant to listen to. Would always roll right past when surfing through stations. Actually surprised they lasted as long as they did. He seems like he'd be a better fit in a place like Peace River or Dawson Creek.

December 19, 2018 @ 6:01 PM

Sally

This station was so much fun to listen to on my morning drive. Those guys worked hard to keep listeners happy. I love the courthouse with Wilson. Maura was awesome.It is so boring now only advertisement and TJ does not have the fun in his personality. Bring back Maura and Wilson, what did they do, will be moving onto another station.

December 19, 2018 @ 9:55 PM

Deana Sharp

Well that's how they did mad dog and Billie.. radio station has no loyalty so why should the viewers. I loved mad dog and Billie but I grew to love Maura then they fired mad dog. I'm done listening to this station

December 21, 2018 @ 8:16 AM

Doug

I started listening to Tucker and the crew more recently and found they had the best show in the morning, the music is over played and yes I know that's what this station does and I like some of the songs but was there mainly for the morning show. sad to see them go and hope someone brings them back. Take care guys! hope you have some wonderful holidays!

December 27, 2018 @ 10:32 AM

Dawna Martin

Management at 99.9 must be insane!
Tucker,
Moira and Wilson always made my day!
What a complete snooze fest now!
I’m searching in vain for a new, entertaining morning show.
Hope you guys are well, happy new year and hope to hear you all again really soon!

December 31, 2018 @ 3:06 PM

sharon mogan

Totally miss Tucker,Maura ,Wilson in the morning .Their stories are great .and soooo... funny ,was kinda wondering what happened to them ,thought they we're
taking a break for the holiday season soooo... miss them well moving on to another radio station ...Please bring them back their simply the best

December 31, 2018 @ 11:42 PM

Carol

I am really upset to see Tucker, Maura and Wilson go, they had such a great connection. Both my husband and myself, will not be listening to 99.9, it is just not funny and entertaining anymore :)

January 2, 2019 @ 8:39 AM

Darryl

Loved the morning show with Tucker and Maura which made my commute more bearable. Have tried to listen to new host but do not find it entertaining at all. Now switching to another station.

January 3, 2019 @ 4:39 PM

Halina

I'm very disappointed. I loved the morning with Tucker and Maura, because
of both of them such a great duo I was listening to Virgin Radio.
Now the station is just like any other station BORING with overplayed songs and
not interesting conversation ....time to switch to another station.

Love you both Tucker and Maura, I'm very sad to see you go.

January 4, 2019 @ 8:31 AM

Marnie

Miss you so much Tucker and Maura. I started listening to you at my baking job early in the morning. Well,did you ever make me laugh. I loved the wit and humour and warmth and just plain FUN. It is not the same at all anymore. Virgin has changed, I don’t listen much as I find the DJs a bit tedious and some of the voices almost teen like and difficult to listen to.
Your team was the best Tucker. I hope you have found another station who will appreciate your cleverness. Maura I hope you have found another station to appreciate your cleverness too. I will keep searching for you both!
Best of luck to you

January 5, 2019 @ 10:54 AM

Mary

Sorry that Tucker & Maura lost their jobs..but honestly, from day one...could not stand Tucker. Maura was ok, but all in all..not sad to see the end of Tucker in the morning!!

January 7, 2019 @ 4:38 PM

Dawn

Wondered what happened to Tucker and the gang , just read the story. Guess it is time for a new station, don’t get me wrong TJ is fine for short take over stints when people are off or his own show later in the day. However, the new morning show puts me to sleep not wakes me up, andTJs new co-host is who? The show is better than a sleeping pill, Sorry TJ.

January 8, 2019 @ 8:51 AM

Luiza

Sad to see Tucker not on air anymore. Really enjoyed his wit and sense of humour. Radio stations need to remember that their radio hosts need to have a pleasant sounding voice, Virgin Radio, you just lost another listener.

January 8, 2019 @ 10:42 AM

Hanit Betsalel

For a long time I thought they were just on vacation and on Monday I thought they have to be back already, school starts but no, so I googled it and it's a huge disappointment to find out the show was cancelled. I listened every morning and they always made me laugh! Tucker is a real talent, I hope he gets another show I can listen to soon!!

January 8, 2019 @ 11:24 AM

J. Beltrami

What a joke. I'm 31 yrs old and haven't listened to a show on the radio since howard stern went to serious XM. Tucker in the morning was the greatest thing since sliced bread. The whole crew was absolutely fantastic. I no longer listen to Virgin radio and never will. Nothing personally to you TJ but you can't hold a candle to Tucker in the morning

January 8, 2019 @ 5:51 PM

Jennifer donovan

I have no idea what virgin radio was thinking I just googled to find out where tucker and Maura were and couldn’t believe it!!! My kids and I listen every morning we loved them don’t know if we will continue listening now
Hopefully Maura and tucker we can all here u again wish u luck!!!

January 10, 2019 @ 11:45 PM

Linda

HELLO! Just realized the whole morning show was fired! I thought it was just holiday replacement!! Not happy at all. Tucker, Maura & Wilson made my morning! Their chemistry was amazing & the material was FUNNY! I'm sorry, the show is way too boring now. I'll have to look for another station. Others mentioned CHUM. I'll have a listen...............

January 11, 2019 @ 9:35 AM

Linda

January 11, 2019 @ 9:35 AM

Ivona

The show is not the same without you!!! I listened to 99.9 everyday on my way to work. Now it's painful to listen to the new guys... they are terrible!!!

January 11, 2019 @ 9:53 AM

Sandra

OMG ... what was 99.9 thinking when they replaced Tucker with TJ !!! I was away on vacation and just got back to work. The most painful drive to work ever trying to find a new station to listen to while stuck in 2 hr traffic as the new host of the morning show is just painful to listen to !!! Not funny ... conversation content is boring ... sorry but can not listen to 99.9 anymore!!! Tucker please get anither gig fast 🤗🙏

January 11, 2019 @ 10:10 AM

Anna-Maria

I am sorry but this morning program right now is like high school broadcasting... I stopped listen to this embarrassment.... Tucker, Maura and WIlson made my day ! They were absolutely the best , unique , funny, addicted ….

January 11, 2019 @ 10:10 AM

Susan Smith

I have not listened to this station since Tucker was fired. I looked forward to Whats you doing at the courthouse

January 11, 2019 @ 10:25 AM

Anonymous

This TJ guy sounds like Peewee Herman. I can’t listen to him. Tucker and the girls were great. Loved their energy. Sorry, listening to another station. Bye!

January 13, 2019 @ 1:49 AM

Kevin

They tucker, Maura and Wilson now have a podcast btw for all are interested in listening to them still.

January 13, 2019 @ 10:19 AM

Anonymous

Tucker and his crew were the best most refreshing group in the morning
Please bring them back
It is nice to listen to some sincere people as opposed to those morons ie Maureen Holloway etc) who laugh at everything and anything
So phoney!!!!!!!!
Bring them back I don’t listen anymore!
Too bad, and big mistake
Howard Rosenberg ( father of Jaime who is the drummer in Afterfunk

January 14, 2019 @ 11:22 AM

ANONYMOUS

We just got back from my work vacation, was taking my teenagers to school, and as we always do, we listen to Virgin Radio. We were shocked to find out, Tucker's show was cut. It was really good, funny and interesting. We always laughed. We couldn't stand listening to the new show....so switched over to another channel. Goodbye Virgin Radio.

January 15, 2019 @ 11:01 PM

Buffalogal

I'm from Buffalo - discovered maddog (now tucker) and Maura about 5 years ago _ listened every morning since. Please don't leave me alone with janet & "the pickle"!

January 16, 2019 @ 7:28 AM

H.o.E.

Oh, FFS. Grow up already. Move on and get over it. You people (and I'm not convinced it actually is that many different people, as opposed to a very small number of whiners who keep returning every day or two to repeat themselves under a different name) are worse than 7-year-olds who get a supply teacher ("Miss __ doesn't do it like that, she does this.").
Is this going to keep happening every time some radio station makes changes? You understand it's radio, and this kind of thing happens quite often. Nothing lasts forever.
And you know this isn't 1975 any more, right? There are countless other entertainment options available to turn to for wasting your time other than ONE particular radio station.
I don't even know who these alleged on-air personalities are, and couldn't care less, but as someone else here has already pointed out, it seems they started their own podcast soon after getting fired. Link

January 16, 2019 @ 10:16 AM

@H.o.E.

I know you think these are all one person pretending to be multiple people, but I'm equally sure these are actually all different people.

They're just fans of the Tucker show who Googled to find out what happened and ended up here. There's nothing wrong with being disappointed and upset when your favourite radio show is cancelled. In fact, it's normal.

January 16, 2019 @ 10:37 AM

Diana C

Terrible decision. I loved listening each morning and miss them. I've switched my station. Typical Bell.

January 16, 2019 @ 4:22 PM

KMB

It's very disappointing. While the new hosts try to do a great job, I am not loving it. The music repeats itself every morning, so I only tune in for the hosts as my morning pick-me-up. I had begun to turn the sound off in the car, initially thinking that they were just covering for the holiday season. My resolution was to change stations.
I know corporations have legit reasons for some of the things they have to do, but if it 'aint broke....

January 17, 2019 @ 6:22 PM