Ontario - Yours to Discover!

My pal Ed (Retrontario to you, pal!) has uncovered a clean copy of Roland Parliament's 60-second version of "Ontario - Yours to Discover".

As a child of the 80s, I remember this tune well. It was an earworm of sorts that still randomly spills out of my mouth from time to time. Now we can all enjoy the full minute version of this retro Ontario jingle.

Blind Dave

I think I remember one ad with a Blue Jay pitcher just as the ball was coming out of his hand.

Great ads!

September 5, 2016 @ 10:51 PM

Douglas

I remember that song, and the Blue Jay pitcher version that Blind Dave mentioned. How times change. Now it's more like Ontario - (Y)Ours to recover.

How times change. I doubt that very many are still heating their homes with oil, but who remembers this from 1984? Go Electric!? Not in 2016. Or 2017...18...19... Using oil might be cheaper now!

September 6, 2016 @ 3:06 PM

Ajax Mike

For rural homes, oil is still in use. My mom's house is relatively new, but without a natural gas hookup, oil was the most cost efficient and reliable option available. It's kinda funny actually, there's a natural gas pipeline that runs under the land, but no way to tap into it.

September 6, 2016 @ 7:48 PM

daniel marois

Hey Mike...do you remember this jingle about Ontario? It was composed in '67 but I remember hearing it on TV growing up in the '80s...

September 7, 2016 @ 6:40 AM

Rick C in Oakville

@ Daniel, I remember that one well, not so much the one Mike posted up.

September 7, 2016 @ 7:19 AM

daniel marois

@Rick C

I believe there was an updated version to that song which ran in the '80s but can't find it.

September 7, 2016 @ 10:15 AM

@daniel marois

I know of that campaign, but I think I'm a little young for it. I do remember a Jim Carrey bit about it...

And I definitely remember Daniel Marois. Great rookie season.

September 7, 2016 @ 10:25 AM

Barry

The "Yours to Discover" slogan was chosen through a contest. The winning entrant was a kid in my class in Georgetown. This may be of interest to absolutely no one.

September 7, 2016 @ 4:31 PM