My 2010 World Cup Choice and FootieFox #worldcup

world cupOnce again, I'm without a rooting interest in this World Cup. I faced the same dilemma four years ago.

At that time, with neither my #1 Canada nor my #2 Ireland represented, I decided to go three deep and root for the Netherlands. By June 15, 2006, I had changed my mind and adopted Trinidad and Tobago as my team.

At this time, the Netherlands is still an option, but I'm leaning toward pokies New Zealand. Why the hell not? I love Flight of the Conchords, the other me is from there and they're major underdogs. That works for me!

And before I leave this World Cup entry by a guy who only watches soccer when he's at BMO Field or during the World Cup, I have to remind you all about FootieFox. FootieFox is a Firefox extension that I loved during the last World Cup. It put the current score in my status bar and played a "Scores!" soundbite whenever a goal was scored. If you can't watch the games, you'll love FootieFox.

Download FootieFox here, and go New Zealand go!.

new-zealand

Rob

I suggest going with what H&F once supported...
Cameroon!

June 11, 2010 @ 10:47 AM

elvis

Wanna place a wager on the NZ vs Italy game?

June 11, 2010 @ 11:15 AM

Elvis, what kind of odds are you offering?

June 11, 2010 @ 12:46 PM

jason | getyouroj.com

Firefucked? Please.

Use Chrome or go home.

June 11, 2010 @ 2:04 PM

Ajax Mike

Well, I just filled out my World Cup brackets for the work pool on a lark. Because I know nothing about 'Footie', I just went with a random number generator. I couldn't have asked for a cooler (though incredibly unlikely) result.

Korea v. Korea in the final. You heard it here first!

June 11, 2010 @ 2:18 PM

twins from bolton

1st day of tourney & cars constantly driving by with Italy, Portugal & England flags throughout Bolton. These teams haven't even played & already horns honking just to be jerks.
Anticipation!!

1 son wants France since 3 cups ago when I bought him a France shirt on a whim when he was 6 & since he has bought a large France flag, 2010 actual France jersey & other stuff for this yr. He took afternoon off today to watch game. Not pleased with result.
Other son doesn't care who wins as long as not France.

Typical infighting amongst them all their life - competition.

June 11, 2010 @ 8:14 PM

elvis

$10

I'll spot you two goals.

Bet is only valid if there is a winner...no ties.

June 12, 2010 @ 12:23 PM