This is an Entry About Oprah

tvI've written about the cult of Oprah before. My wife is an Oprah fan. She records every show, reads her magazine, talks about her with friends. She's a big fan.

The big Oprah news of the day is that she's pulling the plug on the Oprah Winfrey Show in 2011. Oprah fans everywhere are mourning the loss of their show, but don't believe the hype. It's a ruse!

Oprah ain't goin' anywhere. This is from her own site.

For an hour a day, she's been bringing 'live your best life' television right into your living room. Well now it's time for what's next. Not just what's next for Oprah, but what's next for you. The Oprah Winfrey Network will be a 24/7 cable network devoted to self-discovery, to connecting you to your best self and to the world. Oprah will be with us every day. She's the life force of OWN.

That's right, she's leaving her hour talk show to focus on her 24/7 cable network. In 2011 we'll have more Oprah than ever before.

That's not retirement, that's business.

Fredericton Steve

I expect she will also be back with "Primetime" specials.

November 20, 2009 @ 4:06 PM

Fredericton Steve

also, there is a very disturbing Sarah Palin ad on this page :(

November 20, 2009 @ 4:07 PM

Mississauga Blogger

As for when Oprah moves to her own channel after her OTA retirement we may not be have access to her channel.
Unless of course the BDU's, Broadcast Distribution Undertaking aka cable and satellite providers, want it, crack their whip and the CRTC will approve it in a heartbeat.

Creepy Sarah Palin ads on the page Mike. At least it is for the real book, not the SNAFU pulled earlier this week on The National.

November 20, 2009 @ 4:21 PM

James Edgar

i haven't had watch that dreck since July 3rd when I separated from my wife.
I am SO freaking happy I got separated.
I do NOT like Oprah at all.

November 20, 2009 @ 6:58 PM

elvis

JEdgar - your comment is one of the funniest I've seen in a long time yet kinda sad too.

November 20, 2009 @ 7:15 PM

Mississauga Blogger

J.E.

What's more satisfying no ex or no Oprah?

November 20, 2009 @ 11:33 PM

Argie

I'm with James, if my wife starting watching Oprah, I'd leave her too.

November 22, 2009 @ 9:46 PM