Test Driving the Smart Fortwo Car from Mercedez-Benz

Smart CarA few weeks ago, I wrote I was test driving a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid for a week. Someone from Mercedez-Benz reads this blog and send me an email moments later. "If you're going to test drive the Fusion for a week, you have to test drive our smart fortwo for a week".

I've always been curious what it would be like to drive a Smart Car. This was an offer I couldn't refuse. Tomorrow morning, I'm off to Mercedez to pick up my 2009 smart fortwo passion coupé.

I've intentionally left "smart fortwo passion coupé" in lower case. One visit to their website and you'll see what I mean. Does anyone out there have any smart car driving experience?

fortwo

Selina

Cute!

I can't wait to hear how the week goes!

August 30, 2009 @ 3:03 PM

Ajax Mike

There was a story in the Star last week or the week before about a rash of Smart-Car tipping going around. For those who can't find cows when drunk I suppose...

August 30, 2009 @ 3:41 PM

Rob

if you are going to drive the "smart car", be smart and don't drive it on the 400 series of hi-ways

August 30, 2009 @ 4:56 PM

brad

the most convenient thing is being able to drive on the sidewalk

August 30, 2009 @ 5:13 PM

Glenn

Hey Rob!
Have you actually driven a ''smart car''?
I have! Will be 5 years in December. Mine has 160,000 kms and I just came back from a 10,000 km road trip to BC and back.
I obviously have had no problems navigating 4 lane highways, nor has my 17 year old daughter.
I still LOVE the car and plan on enjoying it for many DECADES to come.
The darn thing meets more than 98% of my driving needs.

August 31, 2009 @ 8:16 AM

Edmonton Oli

I owned one and loved it. Best car I ever owned...and ridiculously great on gas.

February 22, 2015 @ 11:51 AM