Win It For

Win it for Roy Halladay, the greatest starting pitcher in Blue Jays history. He won 148 games, a Cy Young Award and was all class during a dozen seasons in Toronto. To pitch in the postseason, he had to leave for Philadelphia.

Win it for Carlos Delgado, the all-time leader for home runs, doubles, runs scored, walks and RBIs as a Toronto Blue Jay. He wasn't just deadly at the plate, he was also drenched in integrity. 12 seasons as a Jay, zero at-bats in the playoffs.

Win it for Vernon Wells, another 12-year Blue Jay who deserved a far better fate. Classy guy who just hit and hit but never got a sniff of the postseason.

Win it for Edwin Encarnacion, a man who speaks softly but carries a big stick. 1353 games without a postseason at-bat is finally coming to a deserved end.

Most of all, win it for Jose Bautista. This one's for him. Joey Bats had little success in Baltimore, Tampa Bay, Kansas City or Pittsburgh before coming to Toronto and reinventing himself as the greatest slugger this franchise has ever seen. In darker days, we had Bautista and his bombs, 54 in 2010 and 43 during an unbelievable 2011. Today, he plays his 1404th career game, his very first in the postseason. Win it for him.

Me in my Blue Jays shirt

Al The Royal Pain

Your next entry should be a message to the Leafs:

Lose!

Lose often!

Lose it for Sittler. Lose it for Salming. Lose it for Wendel. Lose it for Cujo. Lose it for Mats.

Don't fuck this up by winning against all odds.

Don't be mediocre!

Be bad.

Be the best you can be at being very bad and I'll see you in a couple of years.

October 8, 2015 @ 11:07 AM

Declan

This entry actually brought a tear to my eye. Beautiful.

October 8, 2015 @ 11:13 AM

Boomer

Win in for Mike. He's a good loyal guy and it's been 22 years.
Mike is also a die hard Leaf fan. Enough said!

October 8, 2015 @ 1:09 PM

Gump

I find it hard to believe that the suffering is acute? 22 years is nothing...
My Dad has been waiting for 83 years for the Cubs to win... something. Go Cubbies! Win it for Don!

October 8, 2015 @ 1:12 PM

Sam in Pickering

Well said, Mikie!

October 8, 2015 @ 1:35 PM

Dawn Keibals

Just a joke the lid is not going to be open for the game 16 c and partly cloudy rain forecast for after 9 PM....
Clearly, this means the marshmallow will be closed for all TBJ playoff games.
It will sound louder.

October 8, 2015 @ 1:37 PM

markosaar

My $4 mlb.tv subscription is still showing me the games ... I don't know what the deal is with it. Not complaining though! Thought it might be my weird home IP, but it's working fine on my office network too.

October 8, 2015 @ 3:53 PM

dale

David Price set a MLB record today.
1st pitcher ever to lose his 1st 6 starts in the Post Season.
Tomorrow is another day against 1 of the best pitchers in BBall.
Good luck & hopefully Batista & Donaldson are OK or else Bird Flu.
Done in 3.

October 8, 2015 @ 6:50 PM

andrew

Another Blue Jay jinx Mike.

You're as bad as when the politicians attend games & Jays have lost every one.

Tomorrow is BJay day at work & I'll be wearing my Steib shirt from many years ago, Neck & neck with Halladay as best Jays pitchers ever.

October 8, 2015 @ 6:58 PM

Speysidephil

The ground is shaking from the wagon jumpers!

October 8, 2015 @ 7:48 PM

Gary

I don't like the way the Jays ended the season. They lost 3 of 4 after they clinched the AL East and didn't seem to care much. I don't care what anyone says, when you end the season on a losing note, it stays with you. I don't think Belichick would a allow his team to take that attitude and that is how the Jays should have approached it.

October 9, 2015 @ 6:21 AM

Al The Royal Pain

@Andrew
Wish we could have BJay day at my work...too bad HR wouldn't allow it.

I know, I know I'm juvenile...but I couldn't resist. ;)

October 9, 2015 @ 8:47 AM

Douglas

Right now I'll settle for "Just win it." Maybe even "Just win."

October 11, 2015 @ 10:30 AM