I'm on the Front Page of Toronto Star's Life & Entertainment Section

Front Page of Toronto Star's Life & Entertainment SectionMy entry about talking to kids about Rob Ford is garnering some pretty cool attention.

Yesterday I did an interview with the Toronto Star that ended up on the front page of today's Life & Entertainment section. In about an hour I'm expecting a visit from Global News and I might have the CBC dropping in this evening.

Here's what was published in the Toronto Star today.

1410672_10152341779674202_719839974_o

20131106_095512

Ryan G

Good for you Mike.

This reminds me of the time when I was about 8 years old. The Toronto Sun had comics in their Sunday paper back then, and they had a section where kids could write in (called The Young Sun as I recall), and maybe get their letter published. I did a movie review of Jacob Two Two Meets The Hooded Fang and they published it. I won a Sun t-shirt but it never arrived. Sons of bitches crushed me.

November 6, 2013 @ 11:14 AM

Dwano

Well done Mike! Exciting news. Least something good is coming out of this fiasco.

November 6, 2013 @ 11:27 AM

Thanks!

I'll be on Global News tonight at 5:30...

November 6, 2013 @ 11:56 AM

Argie

@Mike
... and you have Rob Ford to thank.

November 6, 2013 @ 12:59 PM

Glen

Mike, I think you shoukd talk to to your daughter about the infield fly rule as well.

You don't want her learning about it on the streets.

November 6, 2013 @ 5:31 PM

Speysidephil

@ Mike
Hey Mike just saw you on Global.
Well done!!

November 6, 2013 @ 6:08 PM

Jillian

Looking good on Global, Mike!

Noticed the biking t-shirt. Was that planned?

November 6, 2013 @ 6:29 PM

Thanks Speysidephil and Jillian!

If Global News puts the video on their site, I'll post it here for those who didn't catch my performance this evening.

Yes, the biking t-shirt was intentional... we need better biking infrastructure in this city so more people leave the car at home and bike from A to B.

November 6, 2013 @ 6:38 PM

Jason from Sudbury

Missed it...just seeing this now.

November 6, 2013 @ 8:04 PM

Boomer

So....does this story fit under the "Life" or "Entertainment" tag? I'm leaning towards the latter.

November 7, 2013 @ 8:17 AM

Lorne

lol, and you're already being shamelessly ripped off.

680 "News"One family relationship expert is weighing in on how to talk to your kids about the Rob Ford scandal.
Link to episode

And by "relationship expert", they mean some generic person you've never heard of basically reading your article verbatim, minus all of the actual advice.

... bah, can't seem to dl the mp3, thanks 680. The summary was basically while you talked about the situation, why you had the talk, HOW you had the talk-- she was "omg, you like totally should talk to your kids, and when you talk to them, make sure you talk to them lol pay me my consulting fee for spouting empty platitudes" (might be a slight paraphrase).

November 7, 2013 @ 8:28 AM

@Lorne

There was also a 1010 discussion about this Star article yesterday...

November 7, 2013 @ 9:07 AM