I'd Like to Hear Audio Tags Appended to All Songs on Indie88

RadioI've been listening to a lot of Indie88 during this glorious ad-free introductory month, primarily while biking and driving. When biking and driving I can't visit http://indie.streamon.fm/ or read the display on my TuneIn Android App to learn the name of the artist and song currently playing. This frustrates me.

A 3-second long voice-over at the very beginning of every song naming the artist and song would totally enhance the listening experience. I notice they do this with select new songs, but I'd like to hear it for every song. Imagine Alan Cross's voice saying "Jake Bugg... Lightning Song" and then the song.

I never heard back from Indie88 after I tweeted this request, but maybe this entry will get their attention. Audio tags for every song, please.

Thanks.

Declan

I love this idea.

Knowing who I'm listening to would enhance the entire listening experience.

August 18, 2013 @ 12:40 PM

Blind Dave

I agree. It's frustrating to hear a good "unknown" song, and the station either doesn't mention it, or I get called away before the song list is given.

Great idea, Mike. The station is off to a running start. I hope they listen.

August 18, 2013 @ 1:54 PM

Rick C in Oakville

I would prefer like the comedy channel that the tag is at the end. Sometimes you may miss the intro and the audio catches your attention, and the extro tag would solve this.

August 18, 2013 @ 2:14 PM

Mike in Guelph

you can always check online afterwards...they show the songs they played and the time it was played. Click on the 'Just Played' tab...or if it's from a while ago, click on the 'Further Back' tab.

August 18, 2013 @ 6:46 PM

@Mike in Guelph

I know, but I rarely do.

I'll be in the middle of a bike ride and hear a song I love and will take a mental note to check when I'm back in front of my laptop but it never happens.

August 18, 2013 @ 6:52 PM

Mike in Guelph

Send me a tweet next time and I will let you know hah.

August 18, 2013 @ 7:31 PM

@Mike in Guelph

If I could do that, I wouldn't need you!

August 18, 2013 @ 7:58 PM

Jacob

I can see that getting real annoying real fast.

Once they get their regular programming going, I'd rather they have the announcer list off all the songs played in the block just before the commercial break starts. (A tradition many stations have now abandoned.)

Also, they could have an automated Twitter feed of each song played. The Australian station Triple J does this.

August 19, 2013 @ 12:09 AM

Cambo

Yeah I can see this being super annoying. EVERY song?? So, you'll hear it even for the ones you've heard many times before?

I'd prefer they log it for 24 hours, and I'll look it up online later. All I need to know is roughly the time it played. As well, they could do the iTunes thing and put a small sampler beside it. A 30 second clip or something.

Heck why not even a link to it in iTunes so you can purchase it then if you wanted to, if they're on iTunes that is.

August 19, 2013 @ 7:09 AM

I don't think it would be annoying at all.

It's less than 2-seconds to hear Alan Cross say "Oasis, Wonderwall".

I sincerely believe this audio tagging would work best if it was for all songs... even the songs you've heard a million times, like Wonderwall.

August 19, 2013 @ 8:04 AM

CQ

Classic old school DJ'ing.
CJRT's Ted O'Reilly was a multi-decade local radio song announcing god! He would play about 10 or 20 minutes (2 to 5 songs) worth of quality self-selected Jazz. As I recall: he also pre-announced each song block, and then post-announced all of the same songs, no goofing, while adding in the year of release and various other details such as the album and specific musicans involved with each song.

Unlike nearly other dullish modern DJ (male and/or female, lol), I still have no idea if his 'dinky ever feels funny sometimes, such as when the weather is extreme'. O'Reilly was a professional.

August 19, 2013 @ 1:05 PM

CQ

Classic old school DJ'ing.

Unlike nearly every other dullish modern DJ (male and/or female, lol), I still have no idea if his 'dinky ever feels funny sometimes, such as when the weather is extreme'. O'Reilly was a professional.

p.s. please not Alan Cross's voice as 'Alan Cross', the required and helpful 'leading authority' voice of radio featuring ...

August 19, 2013 @ 1:08 PM

@CQ

I only said Alan Cross because it's his voice I hear when they audio tag new independent tunes.

August 19, 2013 @ 1:09 PM

Pete

Let's hope they don't play Wonderwall, or anything for that matter, by Oasis.

--Pete

August 19, 2013 @ 5:09 PM

Pete

Yeah,

Story of my life...

--Pete

August 19, 2013 @ 5:34 PM

Doug

I would also like them to broadcast the RDS so that I can see the name and artist on the car radio...I am using Shazam way too often!

August 20, 2013 @ 7:09 AM

Doug

Noticed today that 88.1 had the name and artist!

August 26, 2013 @ 10:46 PM