Two Questions About Last Night's Game

leafsI was at the Leafs game yesterday, and I have two brief questions.

Question 1:
Prior to the singing of the national anthems, I saw the ACC staff carry the rolled up massive Canadian flag so the fans could hold it over their heads and pass it along. I saw this done on opening night, and it was spectacular. Only on this night, they changed their minds and never opened up the flag.

My question is, did they decide too few fans were in their seats for this to work? Somebody called it off, and I'm just wondering why.

Question 2:
I was in the 300 section, so I could see televisions duplicating what's shown on the main scoreboard. These televisions showed the score heading into overtime as "Away Team: 2" and "Home Team: 2".

In this day and age, was there really no way to customize that any further? At the very least, they know the home team will always be the Leafs. Why must these televisions display Away Team and Home Team?

Just wondering. Here's a picture I took on opening night of the aforementioned flag carry. It's pretty awesome to watch.

elvis

Question 3: Why the fuck do you keep guaranteeing wins?

November 16, 2011 @ 11:11 AM

Obviously the guaranteed win tweet was a joke. Everybody knows that!

And, we almost pulled it off.

November 16, 2011 @ 11:14 AM

elvis

Yah, everyone but the jinx! Thanks a lot.

November 16, 2011 @ 11:20 AM

Thank you for giving me such power.

November 16, 2011 @ 11:24 AM

Pete McPhedran

I was at the "Remembrance Day" game and they did the Canadian Flag on the TV viewable side of the rink and they did the Maple Leafs Flag on our side, went over us that night too, quite cool.

--Pete

November 16, 2011 @ 12:26 PM

Cheryl

The Coyotes almost blew it. Sure glad they didn't. The coyotes are my other favourite team. I wasn't at the game, but listening on the net to the coyotes broadcast. My Habs will win tonight.

November 16, 2011 @ 2:48 PM

Romy

It does look pretty cool -- although it's a complete lift from European soccer and hockey games.... they've been doing it for years in Davos with a giant team flag... Hey, nothing wring with stealing a good idea.

November 17, 2011 @ 11:36 AM

kyle

Romy, while I agree that good ideas are worth sharing, I always feel it feels completely forced when the Leafs do it. Getting the crowd to sing the national anthem (see Vancouver where the anthem singer starts and lets them join in)

November 17, 2011 @ 9:23 PM