The Toronto Star on Humble and Fred Radio

humble and fred radioThere's a nice piece by Vinay Menon in the Toronto Star today.

Here's an excerpt:

In a makeshift studio, in a lowrise building on a desolate street in Etobicoke, Humble and Fred are planning to rebottle the madcap alchemy that first earned them a devoted following in 1989, when they stormed the air as the irreverent morning hosts at CFNY (now The Edge 102.1).

In short: They are planning to be reborn.

Not on the FM dial, but on the Internet, in a podcast that debuts Saturday and will then be uploaded daily, Monday to Friday, at HumbleandFredRadio.com.

I even got a mention:

With this in mind, the new Humble & Fred Radio Show will not stream live, save for the occasional show built around audience interaction or a musical guest. Instead, each episode will be recorded in the morning with the assistance of Mike Boon, their digital partner. Then shows will be uploaded around 1 p.m., so listeners can listen at their convenience.

Digital partner, eh? If you're looking for a digital partner, contact me. As for the boys, I'll be heading over to their new studio later today for the recording of their premier episode.

This will be fun.

Jason Patterson

This is cool I mean it would have been a lot more "revolutionary" in 1995, but hey, it's still cool to try.

October 14, 2011 @ 1:09 PM

Eric

Hey Mike, we'd love to see some details about the technical setup for the boys. So glad to have them back on the air.

October 14, 2011 @ 7:31 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Even Ryan Doyle and John Downs gave Humble and Fred a plug Friday night, unfortunately missed Humbles chat with them.

Good luck, boys I guess i need to by an Ipod or can I listen to it through my laptop with a download? Sorry not much of a techo file so any help is appreciated.

October 15, 2011 @ 12:02 PM

Yes, the first show is now online. It's at http://www.humbleandfredradio.com/2011/10/latest-show.html and if you go there you have several listening options:

Click the flash player and listen in the browser
Download the MP3 by right-clicking the download link and saving as
Subscribe to the podcast via the podcast listening app of your choice (iTunes or whatever) via this link: http://www.humbleandfredradio.com/podcast.xml

October 15, 2011 @ 12:26 PM

Liz

Nice to see that you also got a little shout out from Menon in that article, Mike!

October 15, 2011 @ 4:22 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Geezus, almost seems like they never left the air. Pure gold on the first show boys , and i'm glad Junie P won on the low profanity injection, as you guys don't need to step to that level.

Can't wait for the next publication.

October 15, 2011 @ 9:29 PM

Rob

How would one subscribe to the podcast? After d/l'ing the first episode on iTunes I've searched around but can't see anything?

October 15, 2011 @ 10:55 PM

Tim G.

Mike I need a feed URL for my podkicker android app.

October 28, 2011 @ 7:22 AM