Mark Holton's 80s Trifecta

moviesLast weekend, I watched The Naked Gun with the kids. This weekend, it was Pee Wee's Big Adventure. Next weekend, we'll watch Teen Wolf.

These three films have something in common besides the decade they're from. All three feature little known character actor Mark Holton.

In Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Mark Holton played rich brat bike thief Francis Buxton. I hated Francis Buxton.

Francis_Buxton

In Teen Wolf, Mark Holton played likable high school basketball player Chubbs. Shoot it, fat boy!

chubbs

In The Naked Gun, Mark Holton played a baseball spectator who exclaimed "It's Enrico Pallazzo!".

heyitsenricopallazzo

Best trifecta since John Cazale.

Teena

I watched "PeeWee's Big Adventure" last Sunday ... I love that movie!

August 7, 2011 @ 8:36 PM

David

Count me in as a big Naked Gun fan. The other two movies in the trifecta are fine in their own right, but I'll take the Naken Gun Trilogy any day.

August 7, 2011 @ 9:21 PM

Ajax Mike

Whenever I try to think of the Naked Gun theme song, I always end up with Get Smart in my head instead...

August 7, 2011 @ 10:22 PM

The_Voice

Please tell me Back to the Future is after Teen Wolf.

August 7, 2011 @ 10:59 PM

McNulty

I haven't bothered with Teen Wolf with my boys. But Back to the Future was one of the first.

Please tell me you will make them watch Uncle Buck. Although it can be a little inappropriate. No child should grow up without John Candy.

August 8, 2011 @ 7:19 AM

Back to the Future and Uncle Buck are definitely on the list. Both great flicks.

As for being a little inappropriate. Was Revenge of the Sith inappropriate when James watched it 143 times as a 4 year old?

How about that scene in The Naked Gun when they wear full-body condoms to practice safe sex. You should have seen me dance around that one!

A little inappropriate is fine by me... I'm this close to watching The Wire with them.

August 8, 2011 @ 8:39 AM

McNulty

The Wire is very appropriate. I am sure they would have no problem with it. Very kid friendly.

It does make me think where I draw the line. But if it occurs in the 80s then it is fine now, right?

Is violence worse than sex? I can explain acts of violence much better than naked boobies.

August 8, 2011 @ 10:37 AM

Anonymous

"No child should grow up without John Candy. " Wise words!

My sister has been asking me to get movies that we enjoyed in our younger years for her 3 kids. I got them V & the original BSG.

I recently watched the Naked Gun trilogy one each night back to back. It was so much fun and brought back some memories.

August 11, 2011 @ 12:40 AM