Zack Morris and Steve Nash: Friends Forever

tvThe only late night talk shows I watch are Conan O'Brien and Jon Stewart. Both shows get PVR'd every night and I catch up when I can.

This past week, I missed a couple of funny bits on Jimmy Fallon's new show and David Letterman. Fallon had Zack Morris on and the results were pretty awesome. Fans of Saved By The Bell will love this.

Meanwhile, Letterman has Greatest Canadian Basketball Player, Ever™ Steve Nash covering the NBA Finals. He also happens to be pretty damn funny. Here's Steve Nash on Letterman.

Argie

Nash tries too hard to be cool. He's a great baller but why the hell doesn't he play for Canada?

June 12, 2009 @ 10:59 AM

Toronto Mike

Argie, I actually agree with you.

Everyone should read http://www.torontomike.com/2007/08/content_with_not_contending.html right now.

Back? Good.... I realize Nash has served this country well in the past, but if Crosby or Thornton took a pass on suiting up for Canada in the Olympics, we'd be all over them.

June 12, 2009 @ 11:13 AM

Argie

hey Mike: Since we finally agree on something, will you go for a soda with me?

June 12, 2009 @ 11:35 AM

Dizz

Steve Nash could work in comedy. He's pretty funny.

Anyone having problems getting the NBC video to run? Normally they block access to their videos to non-Americans.

June 12, 2009 @ 12:28 PM

Toronto Mike

The NBC video played fine for me on nbc.com.

If the above Zack Morris video won't play for you, watch it here: http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/blogs/2009/06/zack-attacks-late-night-signs-on-for-the-reunion/

June 12, 2009 @ 12:33 PM

Toronto Mike

And Argie, I thought you'd never ask.

June 12, 2009 @ 12:38 PM

elvis

Seriously? This guy plays a zillion minutes playing for a contender and you expect him to play for a national basketball organisation that is disfunctional and underfunded?

You can't begin to compare Hockey Canada with Canada Basketball - they're getting a little better but that organisation is a mess. Firing Jay Triano was the last straw.

You realise Steve Nash PAYROLLED the team during the last Olympics, right? How DARE you question his patriotism!

June 12, 2009 @ 2:03 PM

Toronto Mike

Elvis, when Argie and I agree on something, you know it's correct.

Steve Nash gave a lot, and I want him to give more.

June 12, 2009 @ 2:06 PM

elvis

Jamaal Magloire is the douche bag you should be after.

Nash is the GOAT when it comes to Canadian Basketball - end of story. He requires to do nothing else.

June 12, 2009 @ 2:09 PM

Toronto Mike

Steve Nash is the GOAT, and that's why I'm on him.

My favourite NBAer by a country mile. We need him.

Magloire is in a whole different category: http://www.torontomike.com/2003/09/canuck_basketball.html

June 12, 2009 @ 2:13 PM

elvis

You're way off base man...and bordering on being anti-Canadian.

June 12, 2009 @ 2:14 PM

Toronto Mike

Elvis, you're out of order!

June 12, 2009 @ 2:23 PM

Argie

Elvis and Mike,

"Can't we all just get along?"

Nash did play for for Canada but that was in 2000. Nine years have gone by and he refuses to play for his country. he's too busy trying to increase his profile and having his agent dream up stories that he dated Ginger specie and liz Hurley - when in fact he didn't. He's all sizzle with little steak.

June 12, 2009 @ 2:47 PM

Anonymous

Oh and another thing Nash, cut your damn hair - it looks stupid!

June 12, 2009 @ 2:48 PM

The_Voice

Hey Mike, so has the DVR changed your TV viewing life yet?

June 12, 2009 @ 3:30 PM

LEW

Elvis is correct Mike, you should lay off Nash. There is something very wrong with Basketball Canada which Nash is distancing from. At the same time he is doing more for Youth Basketball in Canada than anyone ever has.

Argie's commnents about his vanity hold zero validity.

Finally, didn't Patrick Roy, our best goalie at the time dump Canada at the Olymics, with the reasoning being that he needed to rest for the cup run? My personal belief is he wouldn't pass the drug test, but a Canadian hockey player on steroids? Nah....he has never shown any symptoms, said his battered wife and destroyed home.

June 14, 2009 @ 12:03 PM

Toronto Mike

Yeah, the DVR/PVR has completely changed the way I watch tv. I should write about this in more detail... and I will.

Except for sports, which I still have to watch live, I watch everything on The List.

June 14, 2009 @ 9:36 PM