Hannah Montana Earns Me Father of the Year Honours

familyMy buddies are heading a little east on the Gardiner Expressway to catch the Jays home opener at the dome. I too will be heading a little east on the Gardiner Expressway, but I'm heading downtown for a different reason. I'm off to secure 2009 Father of the Year honours.

As a member of the new media, I get to see Hannah Montana: The Movie a whole four nights before it opens. I'm taking my daughter, a huge Hannah Montana fan. It's all she's been talking about for weeks.

I can't actually get through an episode of Hannah Montana, so I'm not sure how I'll fare tonight, but if Michelle has a good time I'll be happy. I'll also be Father of the Year.

Horonymous

You a good dad. At least it will be better than The Love Guru.

April 6, 2009 @ 2:21 PM

Toronto Mike

I doubt it could be worse.

April 6, 2009 @ 2:44 PM

Buffalo Boy Mike

bring a little transister with a head phone

April 6, 2009 @ 3:24 PM

Toronto Mike

I think I'll just watch my daughter watch the flick and remember how much I loved watching that cartoon Robin Hood at that age.

Hannah Montana is her Star Wars and who am I to judge.

April 6, 2009 @ 3:30 PM

elvis

Hannah Montana or Four Christmases?

April 6, 2009 @ 3:37 PM

Toronto Mike

I'll let ya know. Altho Disney won't let me review this thing until Friday.

I can write about "the experience", however...

April 6, 2009 @ 3:39 PM

elvis

Your endorsement thus far makes me want to go see the piece of crap. HA!

April 6, 2009 @ 4:37 PM

gail

As long as you focus on her face and how much she enjoys it, then you will never really care how the movie is.

I have boys. One had a 6am practice (that's the be on ice time) every other Saturday all winter long. He just turned 10. Hockey is his life. Mostly he found his way out there at 5:45 a.m.

I like hockey as much as the next gal, probably more, but it was a huge switch over for me. Still wouldn't trade a minute of that winter experience for the world.

Matters that you spend time together when you can. Let them be them. They grow up fast.

April 6, 2009 @ 6:55 PM