I'll be attending the Search Engine Strategies Conference & Expo Toronto 2008 event next week from June 16-18 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. It's a good event for those looking to learn:
- How search engines list Web sites for free and through paid placements;
- How to get free "organic" traffic by building a site that pleases search engines and your visitors;
- How to efficiently purchase listings guaranteed to rank your company at the top of search engine results;
- How to calculate the ROI of your search marketing efforts by tracking your visitors from the time they hit your site until they buy? and get tips on improving conversion if they don't;
- How to build links that generate traffic to your Web site, and how to avoid the penalties of "spamming" the search engines;
- What's coming next in the constantly evolving world of Web search, and how you can profit from those changes.
I'm in the process of picking my tracks for what will be a couple of busy days next week. I'll go heavy on the advanced sessions, which includes topics like "Universal and Blended Search", "Paid Search: Advanced Issues in PPC", "Beyond Linkbait: Getting Authoritative Online Mentions", "Search User Behavior", "Web 2.0 & Search Engines" and, what should be most beneficial, "Giving Credit Where It's Due: Which Campaign Sold What?"
I'll blog about this event because that's what I do. Let me know if you're going to the show and I'll say hi. I'll be the guy wearing the #5 Bill Barilko jersey.