There are 1623 complete albums in my collection. That's a lot of music. Imagine if you had to start your collection from scratch but you were capped at twenty discs. Which twenty albums would make the cut?
It's a ridiculous question, because in reality there is no 20 CD maximum, but it's a question that really gets you questioning the value of each album in your collection. If I had to prune my collection to 20, here are the discs I'd own.
- Alice In Chains - Dirt
- Arcade Fire - Funeral
- Beastie Boys - Check Your Head
- Foo Fighters - The Colour and the Shape
- Green Day - Dookie
- Guns N' Roses - Greatest Hits
- The Lowest of the Low - Shakespeare My Butt
- Nirvana - Nirvana
- Pearl Jam - Rearviewmirror (Down Side)
- Pearl Jam - Rearviewmirror (Up Side)
- Public Enemy - It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back
- Radiohead - OK Computer
- Rage Against The Machine - Rage Against The Machine
- Soundgarden - A-Sides
- System of a Down - Toxicity
- The Tragically Hip - Yer Favourites (Disc 1)
- The Tragically Hip - Yer Favourites (Disc 2)
- Weezer - Blue Album
- The White Stripes - White Blood Cells
- Neil Young - Greatest Hits
That wasn't easy. At the last second I bailed on my Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden selections and went with their greatest hits packages. I figure the mix on Nirvana beats the collective that is Nevermind. I did, however, stick with Alice in Chains' Dirt instead of going with their greatest hits compilation. Tough decisions were made, now it's your turn.