Camping in Canada

campingIn the early 80s, I thoroughly enjoyed "Camping in Canada". "Camping in Canada" was a Sesame Street album that was released in 1981 and featured Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch as they attended a summer camp right here in Toronto, Canada.

It was great fun with plenty of sing-a-long songs and local references thrown in the mix. We knew all the words and I've still got plenty of the songs memorized. A few years ago, I searched high and low for this rare album that was discontinued long ago and was only released in Canada. I found a vinyl copy in a little shop in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan and dubbed it to cassette to share with my brothers. The next step is digitizing these files.

Here's the track listing for "Camping in Canada".

1. Aerodynamic
  18. Sad, Mad, Glad
  19. The Treasure Hunt
  20. Campfire
  21. I Can Do It
  22. Need a Friend
  23. Happy Place

Speaking of camping in Canada, that's the plan this weekend. It would be sweet to have those 23 tracks along for the ride. Does anyone wanna help me convert an album or cassette to MP3?

Mark

This was one if my favourite childhood records. I would LOVE to have this album on MP3. (Or on vinyl for that matter.) If you ever get it converted, is there any chance you'd share the tracks with me?

October 24, 2008 @ 10:29 AM

Toronto Mike

I have the vinyl - but I too want the MP3s. I wish someone in the GTA would convert it for me, then I would definitely share.

October 24, 2008 @ 10:51 AM

Sarah

Did you ever get these digitized? I'd love to get a copy!

August 2, 2014 @ 12:40 PM

@Sarah

I have not! But I still want to.

August 2, 2014 @ 3:06 PM

Ignacio Gonnet

Hello

I came across your post in 2009, that is when I became a father.
And I wanted my son to grow up with the same record I grew up with. So I bought a Vinyl on ebay and digitalized it to mp3s.
I took my time with removing the vinyl sounds, and I think it came out great.
If anybody wants the files, just ask me.

Cheers Ignacio (SwissCanuck)

September 9, 2014 @ 2:02 PM

@Ignacio Gonnet

My hero! Thanks for the MP3s of Camping in Canada!

September 9, 2014 @ 3:09 PM

Dave

@Ignacio Gonnet can I pls have a copy of this? My father in law wants it for Christmas...
Thx 😊

November 29, 2014 @ 8:45 AM

margaret

Does anyone have the album Camping In Canada with Big Bird and Oscar from the original cast as my daughter was one of the children used to sing one of the songs with her classmate and she would love to have the album so please e-mail me if you have one or you know where I can get an album (original) my e-mail is: Emmbeethomson@yahoo.ca
Bill Usher is the one who organized the children singers from Sheppard Public School in North York in 1980's (Keele and Sheppard)
Thanks

December 30, 2016 @ 2:36 PM

@margaret

I'm sending you an email.

December 31, 2016 @ 10:40 AM