Rob Ford is a city councillor for Etobicoke North and he says some awfully stupid things. In case you've forgotten, here's a collection of Ford quotes from the past few years.
- "This is an insult to my constituents to even think about having a shelter in my ward!" - April, 2002
- "I know he's a weasel and weasels and snakes belong in the zoo. I'm not letting this go. He did it out of spite". - February, 2003
- "It just makes me sick when you left-wing nut jobs like Howard Moscoe are down here trying to bash the police non-stop." - February, 2003
- "To me, if you are going to water plants, water all the plants. You don't just pick and choose which plants you've got to water." - April, 2004
- "Pathological liars." - June, 2004
- "This is so foolish. What are we going to ban next? Fireplaces?" - September, 2004
- "I don't understand. Number one, I don't understand a transgender, I don't understand, is it a guy dressed up like a girl or a girl dressed up like a guy? And we're funding this for, I don't know, what does it say here? We're giving them $3,210?" - June 2005
- "People do not want government housing built in the city of Toronto. They want roads fixed, more police presence, but they don't want more government housing that will depreciate the value of their property." - July, 2005
- "She's a joke. She's a waste of time. A waste of skin." - July, 2005
- "Giving the mayor more power for this council is like giving criminals free guns." - December, 2005
Ford was in the news last week for initially denying he was "belligerent and obscene" at a Leafs game on Easter weekend and then coming clean. Maybe Gloria Lindsay Luby isn't the waste of skin at city hall?