Every Monday I shuffle my entire MP3 collection in iTunes and list the first ten songs that play. Here are the ten tunes I heard today with a personal story about one of them.
- Lisa Likes Rock N' Roll - Ian Hunter
- Rat Trap - Bob Geldof & The Boomtown Rats
- Daughter - Pearl Jam
- Astronomy - Metallica
- Don't Start Me To Talkin' - Sonny Boy Williamson
- The Update - Beastie Boys
- It's Summertime - The Flaming Lips
- The Righteous & The Wicked - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- D-7 - Nirvana
- The New Maybe - The Tragically Hip
We just passed the anniversary of Kurt Cobain's death and the anniversary of the day we all learned about it. I had a couple of emails asking me why I hadn't acknowledged the day with a Nirvana-themed entry. There was the ten year anniversary entry in 2004 and the eleven year anniversary entry last year.
Truth be told, I didn't feel inspired to match what I wrote two years ago. Instead, I marked the day with a single lined entry on the SLS page for "You Know You're Right". I managed to sum everything up in three little words: "It still sucks."