Every Monday I shuffle my entire MP3 collection in iTunes and list the first ten songs that play. Here are the ten tunes I heard today with a new spin. At the end of this list, I'm going to share a personal story about one of the ten.
- Whatcha Do To My Body - Lee Aaron
- The Red Rooster - Howlin' Wolf
- Runaway - Linkin Park
- Black Steel In The Hour of Chaos - Public Enemy
- Is This Love? - Bob Marley and the Wailers
- Into My Arms - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
- Get Me Outta Here - Jet
- Play Dead - Bjork
- Shoot First - Custom
- Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) - Green Day
I was fifteen when I first became one half of a couple. It was your typical grade ten romance, full of peaks and valleys and destined to burn out after a year or so. She absolutely loved Lee Aaron's "Whatcha Do To My Body" and played that cassette all the time, lip syncing to the words and choreographing an entire dance sequence to the tune. It was one of two Lee Aaron hits that year, along with "Hands On". She was a rare Canadian rocker chick in a sea of Tom Cochrane's, Kim Mitchell's, Jeff Healy's and Geddy Lee's.