Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 475: Mark Hebscher Returns

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 475In this 475th episode, Mike chats with Mark Hebscher about Hebsy on Sports, cheering from the pressbox, the Toronto Raptors and George Washington Orton. This episode is exactly 2:11:58.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Mark Hebscher and Me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Palma Pasta, Fast Time Watch & Jewellery Repair, Property in the 6ix, StickerYou and Kapadia LLP.

Palma Pasta   glb   StickerYou

Fast Time Watch & Jewellery Repair   Kapadia LLP   propertyinthesix

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Beatts

You should start charging room and board ;)

June 10, 2019 @ 1:43 PM

Beatts

Just finished. Always a good listen.

Couple things. Soprano's was absolutely similar to MASH in that, if you missed it on Sunday, you had to wait. You couldn't binge watch when it appeared on HBO.

I have Jeff Wood's audio book. It came out late last year. I think he would be the first Canadian author to narrate his own book.

June 11, 2019 @ 11:28 AM

@Beatts

I found Hebsy's take on Sopranos vs. MASH to be shockingly bad!

Yet I still don't want him to stick to sports...

June 11, 2019 @ 4:46 PM

Beatts

Mike I enjoy when Hebsy talks about anything. I enjoy listening to his take even when it's horribly wrong... ;)

June 12, 2019 @ 8:02 AM

@Beatts

In total, I recorded over three hours with him on Monday, and I was interested the entire time!

June 12, 2019 @ 9:45 AM

Brian Gerstein (Raptors Devotee)

Mark is correct. I have a LG TV that has Rogers 4K channels, and it is startling, the difference. I have ABC West for timesharing and the picture is so bad there compared to when it is on 4K. I am going with friends to watch Game 6 at Jack Astors, and if there is a Game 7 will likely lean to watching it at home on 4K.

June 12, 2019 @ 10:18 AM

When the Raps looked like they were wrapping this thing up in five, I thought it was interesting how all the really big wins were Sportsnet games. They sure lucked out, but if the Raps win it in 6ix, TSN (who are putting the game on CTV) will benefit from the new Canadian record for basketball viewership. If this game is close down the stretch, we could see an average of 8 million tuned in across this country.

June 12, 2019 @ 10:33 AM

markosaar

Loved hearing about him picking up cycling. Wish his attitude was more common.

June 17, 2019 @ 10:38 AM