Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 440: Laura Armstrong

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 440In this 440th episode, Mike chats with The Toronto Star's Blue Jays beat reporter Laura Armstrong about her career, Vladdy, and more. This episode is exactly 1:51:50.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Laura Armstrong and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Palma Pasta, Fast Time Watch & Jewellery Repair, Property in the 6ix, BUKL and Camp Tournesol.

Palma Pasta   glb   Camp Tournesol
Fast Time Watch & Jewellery Repair   BUKL   propertyinthesix

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
That Podcaster recorder you borrowed is really sounding great thus far. Blew my hearing out
decades ago due to incessant aural overdosing on hair metal bands (beats the alternative of nasty STDs from sleeping with them, if I had been a groupie chick, LOL!!), so its hard for me to notice
any audible differences to your old workhorse, but there probably are more than a few!
Also, probably a good idea that you didn't follow up that Chris Cross track with Billy Joel's
"Laura" from his landmark 1982 album "The Nylon Curtain", as that track was largely inspired
by his now-deceased over-clinging (Jewish) mother!!

March 12, 2019 @ 12:58 PM

@bsmntdwllr73

I made an adjustment to make Laura sounds better, and I probably boosted her too much higher than myself, so I'm a little low compared to her, but otherwise it sounds good to my ears.

@all

Keep the feedback coming!

March 12, 2019 @ 1:00 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Fun fact: Ian Ziering was actually two years older than Luke Perry, but three years younger than
the actual oldest cast member, Gabrielle Carteris. And with that little bit of useless information,
your already much-fulfilled live FINALLY has true meaning!!!

March 12, 2019 @ 1:06 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Sorry, f'ed up again in the last line above: "LIFE!!!"

March 12, 2019 @ 1:16 PM

chris

As I mentioned 2 days ago - SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS HOT.

March 12, 2019 @ 7:31 PM

markosaar

Damn. First Stone Roses mention? Easily a top 5 album for me!

March 13, 2019 @ 6:32 PM

Jordan N

I’m 51 minutes into this and I’m very disappointed - don’t know if I can make it through. It’s too bad because I was really looking forward to hearing a woman’s prospective in male dominated industry and a her comments on the Jays. Instead we hear about *NSYNC, English Tea and Soccer. You were off your game on this one Mike.

March 13, 2019 @ 9:34 PM

dale

Agree Jordan. Closed it off at 1hr. in.

March 13, 2019 @ 9:57 PM

There's Jay talk in this ep, but for me the fun is talking about all the stuff you can't get anywhere else. And sometimes that's her favourite hot beverage, the band she loved as a teen, and the sport she passionately loves because she shares it with her father.

March 13, 2019 @ 11:13 PM

Anonymous

Agree with Jordan and Dale. It sounded like you were flirting with her the whole time. I was cringing for much of it. Not your usual exceptional quality.

March 14, 2019 @ 12:35 AM

You guys are just piling on now!

I wanted feedback on the audio quality, not the content!

March 14, 2019 @ 7:38 AM

Keith

Flirting? Riiiight. 🙄

Audio was fine by me.

March 14, 2019 @ 8:46 AM

Keith

Oh, and no “Shakespeare, My Butt” in your top five? Serious WTF.

*Waits patiently for invite to listener event in June*

March 14, 2019 @ 8:49 AM

@Keith

You should come to #TMLX3 on June 27th at Great Lakes Brewery! Lowest of the Low are playing. No cover charge and your first beer is on the house!

March 14, 2019 @ 9:38 AM

bsmntdwllr73

As I've stated far too many times for anyone else's comfort, not really a Gung-ho sports follower,
but I thoroughly enjoyed this episode and especially all the non-related athletic content. And no,
it certainly didn't sound like some king of throwback teen-flirting session (not that I would even
know anything about that kinda thing!!!). So let's try to leave the (content) griping and complaining for those countless 'n' hilarious Global News Radio threads, shall we?

March 14, 2019 @ 10:59 AM

jj

I have to listen to hear this banter. But I am glad to listen to hear that it is more than just sports!

March 14, 2019 @ 11:45 AM

Avery

Great guest. Nothing better than an Ottawa transplant who loves country.

March 14, 2019 @ 3:34 PM

Marlon

I have to agree with the above comments. It started off really slow and light but it never really picked up. At least not while I stayed tuned. I had to drop off early. I usually never do but this one was sub par. Sound quality was great.

March 14, 2019 @ 9:17 PM

dale

Not one of your best episodes as I also dropped off early. She seemed lost with some of your questions & early part talking about NYNSC, tea & soccer & very little about BJays.
Your voice at times was hard to hear but hers was fine.
I'll put this podcast in the recycle bin.

March 14, 2019 @ 9:45 PM

@dale

So nice, you said it twice.

March 14, 2019 @ 10:20 PM

dale

Sorry Mike - I'm getting old & forget sometimes.
Great work overall & keep it going.

March 14, 2019 @ 10:38 PM