Our Road Trip to Mont Tremblant in a Ford Expedition SUV

A couple of years ago, the six of us drove to PEI for what I thought might be a last hurrah of sorts. My oldest son was 14 and I wasn't sure how interested he'd be in future family road trips. Luckily, the now 16 year old still digs me and we got to do it all again, this time with two teenagers in tow.

Fam Vacay

This time, we rented a ski chalet via Airbnb in the resort town of Mont Tremblant, Quebec, right by Pedestrian Village. We drove in a 2018 Ford Expedition SUV which was... enormous. Two adults, two teenagers and two toddlers and plenty of room to spare. Seriously, this is one big automobile.

Mont Tremblant, Quebec

It was about 600 KM door-to-door, but smooth sailing. With the toddlers, you can only drive so many KMs in a row, so there were stops at Onroutes and in Gatineau to break things up. We were driving the 2018 Expedition Platinum so we were loaded with USB ports, charging pads, and a premium 12-speaker audio system from HARMAN that kicked ass.

Mont Tremblant, Quebec

Mont Tremblant was fantastic. In addition to great hikes on the mountain, we drove to the national park for more tremendous hiking. I wore the two year old so she couldn't slow us down.

Fam Vacay

Fam Vacay

On the way home, to break things up, we stopped in Brockville to check out the Brockville Railway Tunnel, Canada's first railway tunnel. I highly recommend it!

20180823_144018

Beatts

Pretty cool of Ford to get you a vehicle that matches your hair

August 27, 2018 @ 9:34 AM

jj

When we were all living together at home - our big cars were Chevy Astros - 8 people in there sucked, a lot.

We'd have loved this. Even 4-5 people in a car is a bit much at times, my sister and her family barely fit in their Nissan Rogue. God forbid a 5th person goes, my hips are not set up for sitting between car seats or boosters.

Glad everyone had fun!

August 27, 2018 @ 10:56 AM

Urooj Islam

"I pull up in an Expedition, they be like "No, no, no, no he didn't.", hahaha, look, tattoos and fast cars, do you know who we are? I'm Lil Weezy putting down for CMR.

BLING BLING."

August 27, 2018 @ 1:26 PM

Rick C in Oakville

The Expedition would fit your families needs, and the fact you don't drive a great deal, the fuel mileage wouldn't be an issue.
You should have loaded up your bicycles, the trails around Tremblant are very scenic if they are the same as 10+ years ago

August 27, 2018 @ 9:13 PM

Matt

I don't get it, did you rent the Expedition from TO to drive out there? Or did Ford give it to you for advertising purposes? It sounds it was that way with the Traverse two years ago. You were just a little unclear as to whether its your vehicle or you rented it or was comped or whatever.

August 29, 2018 @ 8:56 PM

@Matt

Ford lent me the Expedition for a week.

August 29, 2018 @ 9:49 PM

bsmntdwllr73

What difference does it actually make? Mike totally deserves to be comped for all the good
work he does. And good promo for Ford as well!!

August 30, 2018 @ 9:47 AM

Just to clarify, I didn't receive a penny in actual money from Ford.

August 30, 2018 @ 12:08 PM