Scenes From the Inaugural Toronto Mike'd Listener Experience at Great Lakes Brewery

A massive thanks to The Royal Pains for playing. If you need a band for your event, I can't recommend these guys enough. Contact them and get a quote!

And most importantly, thanks to everyone who took time out of their Thursday night to drop by Great Lakes Brewery to say hi and support the show. It was amazing getting to meet every single one of you and I hope I get to see you again on September 12.

elvis

Slick video. Looks good man.

July 29, 2018 @ 1:00 PM

LieveFamke

Woo hoo! September 12!, in the calendar! Are The Royal Pains playing again?

July 29, 2018 @ 2:26 PM

@LieveFamke

We're negotiating. :)

Al said the first one was on the house, but they're a band that wants to be paid, and neither me nor GLB has a band budget for this event.

But... we're creatively negotiating as we speak... stay tuned for updates!

July 29, 2018 @ 2:32 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Enjoyed the first, going to get this on my calendar next week

July 29, 2018 @ 5:06 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Our we going to have an Elvis sighting on September 12th?

July 29, 2018 @ 5:12 PM

@Rick C in Oakville

The date September 12 was strategically chosen as a day both Elvis and Stoakley are available.

So yes, Elvis will be in the building.

July 29, 2018 @ 7:37 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
I solemnly pledge to recite the phone book a la Robin W, channeling the legendary John
Houseman on SCTV in the event that an appearance fee can't be negotiated with Al and
his great band!! And, of course, my unwanted services would most obviously be offered
for gratis. Also available to perform 90 seconds or so of old-time Borscht Belt comedy!!!

July 30, 2018 @ 9:40 AM

Rick C in Oakville

Bring on the Borscht Belt comedy, haven't heard that term in many decades!

July 30, 2018 @ 9:11 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Rick C in Oakville
Glad to know that at least one clued-in person appreciated my old-time throwback nod!!
On a side note, was once told by the kingpin of Yuk Yuk's , Mark Breslin, that my comedic
stylings were too much from/in that once-fabled Jewish comedy tradition. Dreams of mediocrity
shot-down by one of my own, truly sad!! Always available to perform at a Bris, divorce parties and
funerals/wakes for very affordable rates: practically free!!

July 31, 2018 @ 9:27 AM