Happy Chalk Circle Day!

Rick C in Oakville

Lol, haven't heard this song in decades!

April 1, 2018 @ 7:06 PM

Ryan G

Love this track. Played it as it should be played (loudly) when I spun retro at Nocturne club the other week and it went over well, but my fondest memory was from the summer of '86. A buddy of mine and I trekked up to Wasaga Beach with no real plan other than to party all week. We figure we'd sleep on the beach or in his car. After day 1 we met 3 girls who were staying at a cottage for the week, so they invited us to stay with them. CS's April Fool was the anthemic track that we played over and over as we danced and partied and drank. It was magical.

April 2, 2018 @ 1:55 PM

Irv

As a side note, does anyone remember "Sons and Daughters" from this band. The song is about Canada selling out to the USA (over Free Trade I believe). If you recall there was that real fear that Canada would be absorbed by the USA at one point. Strangely, exactly the opposite happened. I think it's extremely unlikely we'd ever become the 51st state.

April 2, 2018 @ 5:51 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Great track from a very underrated band. Also enjoyed "This Mourning" and their cover of
T-Rex's "20th Century Boy" as well. Excellent guitar/keyboard interplay. Always felt that
"Sons and Daughters" was a little too drastic of a rustic departure from their earlier more alt-
rock based (U2-derivative?) sound,

April 3, 2018 @ 9:21 AM

Jody Thornton

Yes, Sons and Daughters was a great track. I only remember CHUM-FM playing it in 1989, and I have it on an MCA Sampler cassette somewhere.

I also liked NIMBY - a lot!

April 3, 2018 @ 11:56 AM

bsmntdwllr73

And I can't believe I forgot to mention "The Great Lake" and "Me, Myself and I!"

April 3, 2018 @ 12:27 PM

Irv

Jody:

CFNY played Sons and Daughters. I think it came out in 1989 so 102 was in that weird era where they played Top 40 music. That was a really good era for local Toronto independent music (89-93). And fucking Now Magazine.

April 3, 2018 @ 2:41 PM

Irv

Speaking of Jody...

Remember the Toronto rental crisis? 0% vacancy. I can remember KK on Q107 complaining a bachelor apartment was $700 bucks a month. And that was like in the 80's. I keep moving to Boomtown's.

April 3, 2018 @ 2:47 PM