Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir Win Gold in Ice Dance Figure Skating

goldCanada has earned its 19th medal at the PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympic Games in South Korea.

Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir have won gold in ice dance figure skating.

Beatts

After the French team skated I thought they were screwed. They had to beat their own personal best by 3 points? Give them full credit though, they looked perfect.

Awesome

February 20, 2018 @ 11:24 AM

@Beatts

When we learned Tessa and Scott needed the highest score of their lives to win gold, I think we all prepared for silver.

Talk about coming through under pressure!

February 20, 2018 @ 11:26 AM

bsmntdwllr73

Denied any Olympics near real-time coverage as I subsist in a one-channel universe, but curious to
know whether there was any more raunchy on-ice action between this oh-so-non-couple?!?

February 20, 2018 @ 11:29 AM

Cambo

@bsmntdwllr73

No one cares what they do in their personal life. I'm not sure why it matters to people one way or the other.

February 20, 2018 @ 12:26 PM

Barry

I'm not sure that it "matters" to all that many people, I just think people are taken by surprise that a non-dating couple will regularly stick their faces into each other's genitals for work. That almost never happens at my office.

February 20, 2018 @ 1:02 PM

Barry

Or, to put it another way, if the Shibutani siblings had done a similar routine, I think there would have been a lot of uneasy viewers.

February 20, 2018 @ 1:04 PM

chris

Personally, I think the French should have won because of nipplegate.

February 20, 2018 @ 1:13 PM

Nipplegate very likely inflated the French team's scores for the short program. They triumphed over that adversity and were rewarded for it.

February 20, 2018 @ 1:32 PM

Urooj Islam

Thanks for the individual post for each Canadian medal. I am way out of the loop this year and these really help in keeping me updated.

February 20, 2018 @ 1:44 PM

@Urooj Islam

I'm all-in when it comes to the Olympics. I just love it.

I've actually been posting individual entries for each medal since 2006.

February 20, 2018 @ 2:32 PM

elvis

"That almost never happens at my office."

BRILLIANT

February 20, 2018 @ 3:20 PM

jj

bsmntdwllr73 - their routine was pretty hot. i am almost tempted to download a dating app to see if i can find a scott look a like or dance a like ;)

February 21, 2018 @ 9:10 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@jj
Imagine how supremely hot their routine could/would have been if they actually were a couple!!!

@Mike
Love that skankin', stone cold Clavinet groove on that B. Marley/Wailers' track in today's TMI!!!

February 21, 2018 @ 10:10 AM

jj

bsmntdwllr73 - you know, they fake it enough on ice for me to be happy with that. every time i think of them coupling up, I think of Sale and Pelletier and get sad about their divorce.

i'd rather tessa and scott choose the option that keeps them working together as long as possible, and i think that's faking it til they make it :D

February 22, 2018 @ 12:06 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@jj
Well, I've always felt that fake sex is at least better than no sex (my problem, definitely not theirs!!),
so good on them either way!!!

February 22, 2018 @ 12:26 PM