Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 187: Jackie Redmond

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 187In this 187th episode, Mike chats with Sportsnet broadcaster Jackie Redmond about winning a reality show, working at theScore and Sportsnet and her controversial opinion about black holes. This episode is exactly 1:27:30.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Jackie Redmond and Me

Become a Patron

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Tdotter

She sounds great. I actually like her better on your podcast than I do on Sportsnet.

August 4, 2016 @ 11:40 AM

Tdotter

And I'm glad you didn't cut that last 15 minutes. That was fun!

August 4, 2016 @ 11:41 AM

Daniel

Wow Jackie is incredible! Energetic, engaging, intelligent. Its a testament to how robotic networks try to make their sportscasters. It all looks and feels so contrived on TV.

Also I live in the beaches and we are just as grumpy as that article says we are. You wanna party, do it in your own neighbourhood. Don't come to mine I've got stuff to do

August 4, 2016 @ 1:05 PM

Anonymous

[removed]

August 4, 2016 @ 4:25 PM

jillian

Wow! it never ceases to amaze me what horrible, insulting things people will post while hiding under the name "anonymous".

August 4, 2016 @ 7:35 PM

@jillian

I removed it. I only just saw it now.

August 4, 2016 @ 7:58 PM

markosaar

This episode wasn't really doing it for me at the beginning -- felt a bit awkward. But the banter with Jackie just became more and more engaging and compelling. Was really into it by 1/3 of the way through. Maybe I'm a bit bitter because The Score is one of the only two job interviews I've ever failed!

Re: Mach 3 blades ... when I was a cheap student, fed up with paying $3-4 a shaving cartridge, I stumbled across grandfather-style double-edged razors, and haven't looked back. My shaves and skin are vastly better since I made the switch. Expensive blades are like 10 cents a piece. I also adopted the silvertip badger-haired shaving brush and fancy soaps/creams. Takes a bit longer in the morning, but I can't recommend it enough.

August 4, 2016 @ 9:34 PM

Al The Royal Pain

Fun episode. I enjoy her work on those best of/worst of shows.

Jackie was a great sport considering the grilling she took during those last 20 minutes.

August 5, 2016 @ 9:30 AM

I'm no astrophysicist... maybe she's right!

August 5, 2016 @ 9:34 AM

Anon&on

Fun guest, and a good sport... expertly used her professionalism and skill to redirect some potentially very awkward conversation. She kept her faith as Mike tried his best to drag her into his godless black hole. Great job Jackie!
@T.O.Mike, If you titled your episodes as some podcasters do, this one would be called 'Shaving The Black Hole'.

August 5, 2016 @ 7:36 PM

Jason from Sudbury

I'm listening to this right now.
Windows XP was awesome! Vista is the one that everybody hated including myself. I don't mind Windows 7 though.

August 7, 2016 @ 11:46 PM

Jody Thornton

@Jason:

Actually, once nicely tweaked, Vista was fine. I only used the x64 build with SP2 built right in. That release seemed very stable for me.

August 8, 2016 @ 4:24 AM

Andrew Sheehy

Steve "Dangle" Glynn would make for a great guest on the Podcast. He has some great stories to tell.

August 9, 2016 @ 7:38 PM

@Andrew Sheehy

What kind of stories?

August 9, 2016 @ 7:45 PM

Jason from Sudbury

@Mike: That's funny. When I seen one of your tweets to Steve Dangle on your feed that's the first thing I thought of is that you should have him on the podcast.

August 10, 2016 @ 5:03 PM

Dangle will come on closer to the NHL regular season starting up.

August 10, 2016 @ 5:12 PM

chuck99

Jackie was very classy when you presented her with the beer from Great Lakes Brewery, because in an interview done a year or two ago, she said she does not drink. Rather than spoiling the moment, she politely accepted your gift.
It would have been interesting to know if she attended Western University when she lived in London. A number of very successful broadcasters have attended that school including Caroline Cameron of Sportsnet, Marcia MacMillan of CTV Newchannel, Michelle Dube of CTV Toronto and Ashley Rowe of WKBW TV in Buffalo. Marcia, Michelle and Ashley also worked for CHCH in Hamilton.

August 10, 2016 @ 6:13 PM

@chuck99

For a gal who doesn't drink, she sure downed an Octopus Wants to Fight quickly! :)

August 10, 2016 @ 7:00 PM

chuck99

I will have to stop believing everything I read on the internet. LOL

August 12, 2016 @ 12:57 AM