Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 177: Jeff Woods

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 177In this 177th episode, Mike chats with former Q107 broadcaster Jeff Woods about his life in radio, The Legends of Classic Rock, why Q107 fired him and his new book Radio, Records & Rockstars. This episode is exactly 1:40:04.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Jeff Woods and Me

Become a Patron

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Rick C in Oakville

Looking forward to this one, having been a past Q107 listener and hearing Jeffs work.
He and Alan Cross have such an encyclopedia of Rock knowledge, a shame he was let go.

June 3, 2016 @ 8:58 PM

@Rick C in Oakville

I could have chatted with Jeff for another 3 hours.

In fact, he promised to come back in six months when he moves back to Toronto.

June 3, 2016 @ 9:04 PM

Jason from Sudbury

Yes! Downloading mp3 as we speak. This is great cause I can't find anything to watch on tv and I've been looking forward to this one.

June 3, 2016 @ 9:39 PM

Howard

Those Jeff Woods shows on Sunday night Q were the best. Just before Little Steven's Underground Garage right? Do I have that right? Anyway I loved his insights. Will have to listen to this.

June 3, 2016 @ 10:15 PM

@Jason from Sudbury

You'd better listen. You get a massive shoutout.

June 3, 2016 @ 10:27 PM

Jason from Sudbury

Awesome podcast and one of my favorits! Jeff seemed like he was having a great time. He was honest and didn't hold anything back.

Thanks for the massive shoutout!

June 4, 2016 @ 12:41 AM

TREY

Fuck man, I keep thinking you've recorded your best ep and then I like the next one just as much or more. This ep is killer, man. Awesome, awesome stuff.

June 4, 2016 @ 3:44 PM

andrew

Same comment as Trey.

U R Great Mike.

June 4, 2016 @ 4:19 PM

You guys are too kind, but Jeff Woods deserves most of the credit.

June 4, 2016 @ 4:25 PM

Douglas

A bit of time away from the office and just doing some things that have allowed me to catch a number of podcasts lately has me agreeing with the kudos being tossed Mike's way. You've had a run of really good guests who can carry their own, but you've done a really good job of "setting them up", Mike, along with keeping control of the podcast so that it doesn't develop a life of its own and run away on you and listeners.

June 4, 2016 @ 6:30 PM

Anon&on

Did his voice change at all off mic that you noticed? Did he have an' instant on' sound when you started recording? His podcast sounds great too.

June 5, 2016 @ 10:16 AM

@Anon&on

He sounded the same when he called me a couple of days earlier. And after, when he was chatting up my 2 year old and my wife, he sounded the very same.

Start smoking at 8, kids.

June 5, 2016 @ 10:22 AM

Boomer

Is that Jeff Woods or James Hetfield with you in the pic? :)

June 6, 2016 @ 9:08 AM

Markus

What is the name of the Pink Floyd like bank Jeff mentions near the end of the podcast?

June 6, 2016 @ 2:32 PM

@Markus

Ray LaMontagne

June 6, 2016 @ 2:37 PM

James Edgar

Good one mike. I listened at work late yesterday. I didn't expect to listen to it all at the time but got so engaged i stayed at work almost an hour later than i needed too as i forgot the time.

By the time Jeff got to Q107 I wasn't a very frequent listener ( I Love Led Zep but really how many times can anyone here Stairway to heaven ?) so I never really connected with him on the radio. I wish i had tuned in more to hear him anyway.

June 7, 2016 @ 12:00 PM

Matt

Just finished, great episode!

Cant wait for Jeff to come back again.

June 8, 2016 @ 8:27 PM

Sal

Another great episode Mike!

I just thought to share this info for those who enjoy Jeff's work, voice & gift for interesting storytelling.

Records & Rock Stars by #JeffWoods #AroundTheDial #ItsOnlyRockInRollButILikeIt

There is still a little time to support Jeff & the production of his much anticipated audiobook adaptation.

Lets help Jeff continue to move on down the stretch with this labour of love project!

You will receive your very own copy & other cool perks for your generous donation.. so check it out! & Let's Do This! (I am a longtime fan & donated recently myself)

March 12, 2018 @ 3:35 PM