Ann Rohmer Retires from CP24 (Again!)

About five-and-a-half years ago, Ann Rohmer left her job at CP24 for a position in the aviation industry. Then, mere months later, Ann returned as if she had never left in the first place.

I spoke to Steve Anthony about this in episode 123 of my podcast as he tried to make sense of it all. Give it a spin if you have an hour to spare.

It seems Ann Rohmer has done it again, retiring from her role on CP24.

anne-rohmer

As you've likely heard, Bell Canada is eliminating a number of positions in both Toronto and Montreal this month. If this tweet is to be believed, Ann stepped down to save another. Hat tip to @1236.

Happy retirement, Ann! See you back on CP24 in a few months...

Steve

If Bell Media wanted to save a ton of money, they could just shut down the lame excuse for a new station that is CP24.

November 16, 2015 @ 7:40 PM

chris

TSN layoffs will be & should be ugly. An accident waiting to happen on TSN Radio.
Said it before & say it again changes have to happen for a radio station that is terrible.
I just feel sorry for those that will be gone.

November 16, 2015 @ 8:31 PM

Yes, the people at TSN Radio 1050 find out who's getting the axe tomorrow.

I'm betting it won't be a good day in Agincourt.

November 16, 2015 @ 8:37 PM

S.A.L.

Here is news of another more sadder retirement.. the passing of John Majhor :-(

I use to watch his show after school sometimes… I always though he would have made a good VJ on Much at the time.

November 16, 2015 @ 10:50 PM

Jason from Sudbury

I thought City tv and CP24 were owned by Rogers??

November 17, 2015 @ 8:13 AM

@Jason from Sudbury

City TV is owned by Rogers (who now just call it City) but CP24 is owned by Bell Media.

November 17, 2015 @ 8:17 AM

Gump

Oohh, I remember Ann being 'hot', like Moses Z. 'hot'.
So has probably moved from MILF to GILF now.
I remember several old-time CBC Radio staffers doing the same thing. Retiring to let their younger colleagues stay. Remarkable.

November 17, 2015 @ 9:53 AM

Jason from Sudbury

HTZ FM is owned by Bell. Wonder if anyone over there will get let go. Hope not.

November 17, 2015 @ 5:25 PM

Hans

If Ann retired then why is she currently (as of 9pm on wed night) on cp24 doing a news hit?

Or is her "retirement" a thing that will come down in a few days/weeks as opposed to right away?

November 18, 2015 @ 9:09 PM

Julie Harvey

ANN PLEASE DONT STOP DOING SHOWS FOR ANIMALS I LOVED ANIMAL HOUSECALLS....YOU HELPED THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE AND ANIMALS....CAN YOU DO IT ON ANOTHER STATION? YOU WERE THE ONLY CLASS ACT ON CP24

November 24, 2015 @ 7:43 PM

Eileen voisin

Ann was great but cp24 morning is a diaster ,people like anthony ,that coulter dude ,delude ,pooja ,cannot anchor anything .It's stupid games , very disappointed that network has been allowed to air such crap.Then on weekends they have a guy who cannot speak English ,we just dropped the channel it's so bad .Like dance party Friday all these folks go to Florida as part of ctv .We had folks from Austria who were in shock ,and city ìs no better .

December 27, 2015 @ 6:13 PM

Frances Shifman

I pray I never see or hear her again!

January 21, 2016 @ 7:56 PM

Donna B.

Is Animal House calls gone for good now that Ann is gone?

January 25, 2016 @ 1:55 PM

Neil Clarke Warren

@ Frances & Donna B.
Well,we can all hope & pray for both.

January 26, 2016 @ 12:59 PM

Anonymous

She was a very Smooth newscaster and I wish animal house calls was still on the air.

January 28, 2016 @ 11:10 PM

brian

cp 24 is a terrible show. at least ann rohmer added alittle class to the show. the breakfast crew every morning weekdays act like a bunch of entitled asses who do,say, and dress in whatever way they feel. steve anthony is always dressed like a slob. and the girls, they need to do something with their long hair that is always getting in their faces and on everyone around thems clothing. station should get rid of the lot of them..

February 16, 2016 @ 8:08 AM

Dawn Keibals

@brian There are better productions in high schools in Toronto than what is fed to the public on cp24 as a whole.

February 16, 2016 @ 8:56 AM

Wehrner von Braun

Anyone who gets to the point of feeling totally fed up with something they have been doing for a long time is best advised to politely arrange with their managers to take some unpaid leave.

February 20, 2016 @ 11:46 AM

John MClane

Sorry to see Ann go. To bad Steve and that weekend crew wouldn't go. It seems like they are on there to model themselves and are very phony. I won't watch anymore .

February 28, 2016 @ 10:25 AM

Father Blessmee

good riddance...she's been hanging around like a fart in a phone booth for far too long (even "retiring" once before but not leaving)..those hideous facelifts were getting too much..and NO, I dont favour any of those young brainless bimbos on CP 24 breakfast either..it's like seeing a bunch of idiots with sub-high school mentalities reading the news while giggling and saying "whatever"...and there was Ann, trying to keep up a "young girl" persona by with a phony Valley girl accent "And now over to Amber Payie..hi Amberrrrrrr"

March 13, 2016 @ 9:04 PM

Monika Penner

So miss Anne Rohmer.. she needs to come back please!!!

April 11, 2016 @ 12:50 AM

Monika Penner

So miss Anne Rohmer.. she needs to come back please!!!

April 11, 2016 @ 12:50 AM

LYN

Sorry, I just looked up why i have been missing her, i didnt know she retired. About that first retirement though, i always felt that she had returned because BOB HUNTER had just died, and they needed her, just my opinion.

May 8, 2016 @ 1:51 AM

Myra

Open cp24 right now and she is on TV reading news again.....what a disappointment! Why they keep bringing her back? Dont they have respect for the listeners? She retired twice already! So ugly...

June 8, 2016 @ 7:45 PM

Angie

Is she back for good

June 8, 2016 @ 8:26 PM

Not Ann!

She couldn't stay away!

June 8, 2016 @ 9:43 PM

Dawn Keibals

I went to parental controls on my remote and BLOCKED CP24 forever..
Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Ann

June 9, 2016 @ 8:44 AM

GI

Ann is back!! I guess there's no new talent that's qualified.

June 9, 2016 @ 7:43 PM

Gary

why the hell is Ann Rohmer back on CP24 again ?? she's retired (?) at least twice already .

June 10, 2016 @ 11:52 AM

Sources tell me Ann Rohmer is filling in for the summer.

June 10, 2016 @ 1:18 PM

Barb Stewart

Great to see Ann back, even if only for summer fill-in.
She is a pro, animal house calls not the same without her.....hope she wil come out of retirement and get back to CP24 in the very near future.

Barb

June 10, 2016 @ 7:59 PM

Melly

I'm so glad Ann Rohmer is back on CP24 and wish she would stay. She is smart, professional and handles issues and people respectfully and with class. Other anchors would do well to learn from her.

June 11, 2016 @ 12:40 AM

jill

pls, just retire and leave.

June 12, 2016 @ 5:31 PM

dale

just when i thought it was safe to watch cp24, she's back!! has she ever let anyone respond to a question without cutting them off??

June 12, 2016 @ 5:34 PM

Laura marks

Laura from the 6. Why she has to go put the younger ones. Give George Logiegenges a turn he is good and has been there just as long. Collect your pension Anne

June 13, 2016 @ 3:24 PM

Sharon Frost

This is wonderful l am so very happy to see her return - she is the best. Now please bring back Animal House Calls - this was such a great little show helping all of our wonderful pets - there is a real need for this kind of show helping our homeless and needy dogs and cats - gave them forum and did good things.

June 13, 2016 @ 10:38 PM

Laura's from the 6

I don't understand why Anne Rohmer is back on CP24 when u retire that means Do Not Come Back. And what is Anne Rohner to ok'd for the airlines as well.

July 4, 2016 @ 8:53 AM

Father Blessmee

Oh Sweet Jesus, she's back AGAIN!!...Give us all a break and take your high school persona somewhere other than the public airwaves.

July 5, 2016 @ 4:20 PM

Frankie

Yes also noticed she's back, thank goodness. Now they just need to bring back Animal House calls and all is back to normal again.

July 10, 2016 @ 6:00 PM

Anonymous

Retire already

July 11, 2016 @ 6:57 AM

Anonymous

She's like really old' and used to cut off people all the time,
When I retire I'm sure my company won't take me back, let alone twice,
Give the young ones a chance, and get off the air already!

July 11, 2016 @ 7:20 AM

Laura

Why why why every time I put CP24 on there she is is Ann Rohmer ever leaving I will always turn off CP24 when Ann Rohmer is. Sorry u will lose a viewer that likes your news program

July 12, 2016 @ 8:02 PM

John

Back again, Anne, retire for God sakes. Stay home. Stay off the air. Give back all the gifts and go home. We thought you were gone and guest speakers could finally speak without constantly being cut off by your "It's my show" personality. Pleade, go home.

August 9, 2016 @ 9:59 PM

John

August 9, 2016 @ 9:59 PM

John

And I forgot to ask. Since you came "un-retired" again, every start of every story begins with the word "Well". So just to be on the same page, Well, maybe you should retire permanently. Well, maybe you should get off the air. Well, maybe you should stay home. Well, maybe you should give someone else a shot at a career. Well, maybe you should tell the truth to people instead of lying to them 3 times. Well, maybe it doesn't matter because no one will believe you anymore anyway.

August 10, 2016 @ 9:01 PM

Laura from scarboro

I will Not Waych CP24anymire when Anne Rohmer is on she is vey selfish and SHE DOES NOT THE MONEY I feel sorry for the young reporters that r now fighting for there jobs. (I thought it was called CP24 nipt the Anne Rohmrt show. SHAME ON YOU ANNE ROHMER taking away jobs.

August 13, 2016 @ 9:10 PM

Laura from Scarboro

Will Boycott CP24 until Anne Rohmer is gone And if Bell Media is that desperate to keep Anne Rohmer on and pay her a whole lot of money and not give the other ones a chance than there is a real problem when Anne Rohmer can suck the suits into letting her back. ANNE. YOU ARE TO OLD TO BE ON TV. give someone else a chance. They have bills and family's to support u don't.

August 13, 2016 @ 9:18 PM

Barry

Too old to be on TV? That's a bit of ageist bigotry.

(I also note that it's rare that someone accuses a man of being "too old to be on TV." It seems that only women are not allowed to get old and keep their jobs.)

August 15, 2016 @ 10:17 AM

Cory

I cannot believe that this woman is still on the air.I remember her being on there like 30 yrs ago when I was a kid.I really wish she would just go and stay gone.Her voice alone is so annoying,constantly sounds like she has a cold.The whole show needs an overhaul,and please,stop these silly dance Friday segments.No one wants to see a bunch of adults acting silly.I cannot believe these ppl get paid to act so silly.

March 19, 2017 @ 5:46 AM