Ann Rohmer's Reappearance on CP24

Ann RohmerAnn Rohmer announced she was leaving CP24 back in May. She was leaving television for the aviation industry, as I recall. There was a farewell bash and everything.

On September 21, Susan Cunningham chimed in with the following comment.

It appears that as of today Ann Rohmer is back on CP24 on a regular basis. Maybe the airline industry did not pan out. Who knows.

And the hits kept on coming...

I thought Ann was leaving but she's on CP24 more now than before she quit!

Can someone please tell her to get a new hairstyle?? Those wing things hanging on the sides of her face have got to go.

YES i SEE HER MORE THAN BEFORE,GET RID OF HER,SHE IS LIKE A BAD cold; GIVE US VIEWERS A BREAK,THERE ARE A LOT MORE THAT SHOULD BE GONE ALSO,SUCH AS THA ?????FROM THE TRANSIT GOD WHERE DID THEY GET HER FROM ?WHAT A BEAST.

They should say something if she has returned. CP24 made a big thing for about a month that she was leaving, Tell us CP24 if she is back from the plane ride!! Or the plane did not take off.

All that fuss before Ann Rohmer left to pursue a career in aviation and now she's back like it never happened. I feel like the viewers are due some kind of explanation.

Does anyone have an update as to Ann's reappearance on CP24? Did they make any announcements as to why she is back?

Does anyone know why Ann Rohmer has suddenly reappeared on CP24?

Mike from Lowville

Someone in control must have a stiffy for her. I always have! ;0O

November 10, 2010 @ 5:55 PM

clark

She is old and HAGGARD!
CP24 is full of beautiful young people and she fits NO-WHERE into the mix.

November 11, 2010 @ 8:38 AM

Trish

It could be that whoever pushed her out, has himself/herself also been pushed out.

I agree about her appearance, though. She really needs a makeover.

November 12, 2010 @ 2:19 PM

JJ

Just like the other one on Global, Susan Hay who had this big hoopla about leaving & then all of a sudden returns.

Fact is these people know nothing better to do & realize what a cushy job they have.

2 old buzzards that need to fly off!!!!!

November 12, 2010 @ 2:40 PM

Mike from Lowville

@ clark, Trish and jj. I hope you age as gracefully!
@ jj, Susan Hay is a cancer survivor and deserves more respect than that!

November 12, 2010 @ 3:48 PM

philip

Personally I don't know what the issue was, but I am soo glad to see that lovely face. Ann you are always going to be my favourite. I was sad to hear that you're leaving, but now glad to see your return.

December 8, 2010 @ 12:15 PM

Eljay

I couldn't be happier to have Ann represent the T-Dot! She's gorgeous, intelligent, well informed, and has an appropriate non-biased journalistic response for all situations. She's not just a face card reading a teleprompter.

December 8, 2010 @ 3:58 PM

Sam

Ann is the voice of Toronto .Good to have her back in CP24. .

January 9, 2011 @ 4:06 AM

Joanne

So glad Ann Rohmer is back. And I love her hair colour now.

January 13, 2011 @ 4:39 PM

Lady b

Oh I know why she is back. She's my new neighbor.

Seems she needs to pay for the rent that I can afford at The age of 22 and the only way she can do it is by working for cp24. How old is she anyway?

Seems old lady Ann has a problem with people living near her but can't afford somewhere more soundproofed.

February 26, 2011 @ 3:48 AM

rita

It's probably a contract on its way out....however, she is a good news reporter and maybe the young people don't want to work as many hours as she does.....surprise surprise!

February 26, 2011 @ 11:02 PM

Hilary

Ann is a seasoned reporter whose professional approach is a refreshing change from some of the other on-air people (e.g. on the CP24 breakfast show) who come across as immature airheads. Lindsay, Jennifer and Mika are the exceptions. Welcome back, Ann!

(but yes, a makeover wouldn't go amiss)

February 28, 2011 @ 9:17 AM

Anonymous

As one can see from some of the comments here, there is raging ageism against the older population (and by "older" I mean 45+ !!!) The members of the younger generations are not immune from ignorance, superficiality and self-importance, and have a long way to go before they have made their mark for improvement in the world and in their own behaviours! I wish them luck, because they will be the ones taking care of us in our old age (ugh!) -- Boomer

March 1, 2011 @ 1:50 PM

Lesley

Maybe she changed her mind on going to the aviation and asked for her old job back.

March 12, 2011 @ 3:54 AM

Sammy

Some of your comments are very cruel. I wonder what you look like? There is enough nastiness in this world. Don't add to it. Ann is a lovely woman who has saved so many animals. Those who made nasty and untrue comments appear to be VERY shallow, sad and pathetic

March 19, 2011 @ 6:29 PM

Anonymous

I think Melissa got a raw deal when Ms Rohmer came back. We hardly ever see Melissa now. I turn CP24 off when I see Ann Rohmer

March 20, 2011 @ 3:12 PM

Anonymous

Get rid of her and her exaggerated breathing. Her hair sucks, clothes are way too tight and tries to make it look important to look at the clock to announce the time. Thank goodness she's lost the chokers.

March 21, 2011 @ 1:12 PM

me

who cares my god get a life all of you

March 25, 2011 @ 8:48 AM

Rose

Does anyone know why Ann is back on cp24? They had a huge farewell episode on cp24 & now she's back?? The public should be informed of why Ann's back on cp24. I believe she's had her time as a TV personality. Ann is a good reporter but give room for others.

March 26, 2011 @ 9:09 AM

Ryan

Ann has always been a favourite TV pesonality of mine.

I have liked her since the early 90's when she was hosting BT.

March 29, 2011 @ 5:06 PM

esso

someone please tell me why is she back? I was so happy when they announced she was "leaving" CP 24 back in May. What was up with those flowers then and all the commotion of tearing up and being sad that she's leaving? She should have.
A friend of mine from Europe was visiting TO last week and asked me what century is she and her haircut from? Seriously that haircut has to go if she's staying long term.

March 31, 2011 @ 9:14 AM

whyissheback

anybody else notice that she has trouble reading the teleprompter all the time??? so annoying and frustrating.

April 23, 2011 @ 4:15 AM

vince

I think she might be stuck in the 70's or 80's. I guess the aviation industry wasn't as easy as she thought and she gave up, and begged to get her old job back. Would someone please get her a makeover??

April 25, 2011 @ 2:50 PM

Randy

she could sit on my face any day.

April 29, 2011 @ 12:55 AM

MyBumHurts

Give her a break please...at that age your lucky if you have a job.

May 15, 2011 @ 1:41 PM

Anonymous

God, please get this woman to stay off the air for good, already. She's so annoying! She constantly interrupts people, she looks unprofessional and unkempt and she's smarmy.

Why was she given the job in the first place? I'd be willing to bet she doesn't have a proper journalism background. It's very apparent. Plus, under her bio at CP24 it states nothing about formal education whereas everyone else has credentials listed.

Does anyone know about her education?

June 28, 2011 @ 7:31 PM

Trixie Laframbriose

Ann darling, Give us the goods! What happened Hun?

Trixie

July 6, 2011 @ 12:32 PM

Trixie Laframbriose

Her parents are Richard Rohmer and Olivia Rohmer and she has a younger sister, Catherine, who is a lawyer. Trained by top skating coach Sheldon Galbraith, Rohmer competed at the provincial level until she was involved in a car accident at the age of 14. Although this ended her skating career, it has not stopped her from playing tennis, being an aerobics instructor and avidly participating in both water and downhill skiing. She graduated from Branksome Hall in 1976 and worked as a flight attendant for Nordair, during which time she was named Miss Interline and received a trophy from company vice-president Paul Pelletier.
She has been divorced many times and her ex-husband was a Canadian skier.

July 6, 2011 @ 12:45 PM

Mary Jo Eustacez

I worked with Ann for ages and she is an angel, loving, kind, witty and one smart cookie. We both cottage in Flesherton every summer. Love you Ann, call me!

July 6, 2011 @ 7:12 PM

deedee

Ann is someone who should go to the US of A because Canadians don't appreciate what a great journalist she is. I cannot believe Ann didn't leave for the US years ago.
You too Mary Jo Eustacez. Get your ass to L.A. Brains and beauty are a killer combo and you both have this in spades.

July 21, 2011 @ 7:55 PM

Tamara

Ann could not work in the US as she was committed to care for her elderly parents.

August 20, 2011 @ 9:32 AM

Ken

Ann Rohmer needs to do something about her hair its really awful, actually the channel and the format is awful but yeah Ann you're on your 15 minute GO!!!!

August 24, 2011 @ 10:24 PM

david

We I do agree with the hairstyle, it must go its time for an upgrade Ann.
She seems to be on 24 /7 now
Ann Rohmer's 24???

August 26, 2011 @ 6:32 PM

GOOD FOR HER

My bet is she took time off for her....Look at the before and afters. She looks great FRESH and rejuvenated. GOOD FOR HER.

September 21, 2011 @ 10:53 AM

Anojaa

Yooo Rohmer u betta get the fack off the air. U told us u were leaving and now u return. GIve us an explanation or leave TV

October 8, 2011 @ 7:00 PM

Elisabeth

My husband just said, "she's the best one they've got".

October 23, 2011 @ 9:48 AM

Mom

Ann is such a sweet thing, but honestly her wardrobe is right out of Value Village! Ann has an amazing full rack and she should make her girls proud by showing them off instead of hiding behind those gawd awful frilly blouses and yard work clothes. Good grief all of the on air CP24 staff have the worst wardrobes I have ever seen. Those personalities make amazing salaries and should be professionally groomed. My dogs get more attention than they do!

November 4, 2011 @ 3:46 AM

Doc

Actually I am good friend of Anne's. This move was just a blow over cover for the minor cosmetic surgery I did for her:jjaw, brow, eye, and lips. She needed the time off to recuperate at the cottage. Anne is aging gracefully.

November 15, 2011 @ 4:20 PM

Trudy Blue

After being bitten by a tiger cub on B T, Ann
required reconstructive surgery to her inner thigh. While she regained
full use of the leg, the visible scar has caused her to stop wearing
the miniskirts that had been her trademark. In recent years, she
undergone additional major cosmetic surgery to her face, neck and upper
torso. The breast enlargement was so noticeable that her tits became her new trademark. She continues to tweak her entire body as aging and time has ravished her once youthful beauty. Sad but true.

November 16, 2011 @ 7:52 AM

Uncle Bob

Absolutely true. I worked for City and when little Annie got those Pam Anderson hooters we were shocked. The station producers said tape em down darlin. Seems to me there not as large as they were, alas she does on occasion show her twins off and off camera.

November 16, 2011 @ 5:54 PM

Herman

I was one of her man toys. She was quite hot in the sac but easily tires of relationships due to her booming career which will always come first. I was tossed aside like a wet sheet on a rainy day. If I had of been a wet tom cat she would of kept me. I don't think she will ever marry again in this lifetime.

November 17, 2011 @ 12:12 AM

Mike Mongler

Someone here claimed that Rohmer was a 'professional journalist'. Well, considering the fact that she stumbles over quite easy words and phrases on a regular basis while working for an ambulance-chasing 'news' hype network such CP24 the term 'professional journalist' just does not apply.

December 22, 2011 @ 9:01 AM

Anonymous

She reminds me of a kindergarten teacher whose mind has slipped after far too many years on the air. She speaks to people condescendingly, asks stupid questions, makes ridiculously "simple" comments and needs to go. Perhaps she's allowing her fading past to fuel a deep seated anger, glossed over by a so very obvious veneer of proffesionalism. Why else would she verbally walk all over everybody she speaks to with any kind of on air charisma.

I loathe her.

May 8, 2012 @ 5:29 PM

Miro Tri

I could not agree more. Ya gotta look your part but never sacrifice ones health to do so. Lovely site btw...

June 27, 2012 @ 12:45 PM

Mellisa Carmello

Who does their hair and makeup? Honestly to crawl out of bed and go on the air not looking perfecly groomed is horrifying. I cringe now that we are viewing in HD, and everyone that is old looks weathered and tired. Is Anne in her 60's now!

July 1, 2012 @ 6:11 PM

Jen

Ann, I was sad when you anounced you were leaving but very happy you came back but can you please let your loyal viewers know why you are back?
You are great at delivering the news compare to those new loose cannon LOL........love you xoxox

September 7, 2012 @ 10:57 AM

Momsavy

I think Ann is a darling. She is a classy curvacious woman who cares about her gorgeoous body by working out daily. She never wears make-up being blessed with peaches and cream complexion.

September 8, 2012 @ 4:21 PM

Annfan

Ann has been hot for so many years and continues to be a cougar. It is great to see her in skirts again, especially when she wears boots and crosses those great legs. Used to love her in sleeveless boobtops too!!

May 21, 2013 @ 3:17 PM

elizabeth

I am of the old generation. I love Ann. The younger group drives me nuts with their arm antics. They talk a mile a minute and would appear to have had no professional training. Is Lindsay Leduce related to Ann. She sounds exactly like her.

June 4, 2013 @ 7:17 AM

Moe sez

it's July 7 2013..did she just have MORE facial surgery...(you're not fooling anyone dearie)

July 7, 2013 @ 7:43 PM

voice o' reason

Ann Rohmer and Anne Mroczkowski should have a "whose face has been pulled tighter" competition...what a riot seeing these two ageing bimbos trying to stay young...if either of you two hacks had any REAL talent reading the news you wouldnt need the painful lifts and tucks

July 8, 2013 @ 10:25 AM

Annfan

You people are off your rocker.

She has got to be the hottest older woman on television.

She did get a great boob job though, love it!!

August 3, 2013 @ 9:37 AM

Jmorris

Yes, please let her go away..I usually like tuning in to cp24 especially on a Sunday evening and omg there she is, could not believe it, thought she was gone gone..that voice is so irritating..please there are some very capable younger people on staff, and spouse is Steve Podborski?. Since when?. Yes she needs to go. Would take Ann Mroczkowski anytime, she has a lot more class!!!

August 4, 2013 @ 9:24 PM

Joanne F

I had some major work done in Cuba after hearing that Anne was happy with her facelift a few years ago. Well, we just got one of those HD Smart TV's and I was shocked to clearly see her results up close and that's with studio makeup. I am now wondering if she has had a restoration that didn't quite make the cut. Now I am nervous about what I may look like in a few years.

August 10, 2013 @ 7:48 PM

m Clearly

wish she would go off the air, Can't stand her irriating voice,
its obvious she is not reading THESE MESSAGES I too was so surprised to see her back .

August 17, 2013 @ 9:16 PM

Anonymous

I love Anne, she looks wonderful and she is a smart woman. The people making bad comments, your day to age will come and guess what? you wont be twenty anymore, not even thirty or forty.

So be kind and shut up

September 19, 2013 @ 7:22 PM

Donny Pond

At 55 she remains absolutely gorgeous to complement her superior intelligence. Need I say any Moore.

February 9, 2014 @ 8:39 PM

Mark

If you are going to be on television you have to look decent. She obviously gave up on the regular exercise routine and her makeup is pretty bad. It's a same CityTV doesn't have the balls to put their foot down and tell her to clean up her act or there's the door. It's so hard to watch their channel when she is on. The eyebrows are hideous!

February 17, 2014 @ 5:26 PM

Miss Morgaret

I agree that the lady seams to be on cp24 all the time day night 7 days a week.I also agree the hairdo needs a change as well as her wardrobe. You have to admit the lady has stamina. The morning crew I have to turn my sound off as I find them really flaky and their hair ooh..ooh.. so much and their outfits give fashion a bad rap. Well we do need new faces with much more professional approach in wardrobe and hairdo's they should check out the lady anchors on the us channels they look much more professional. Good luck cp24 management.

March 8, 2014 @ 7:45 AM

lou

you people are harsh. You will be older some day!!! not old just older. What do you expect a woman that age to wear? anyone thought of their Mothers lately???

May 23, 2014 @ 10:04 AM

Jim Enriquez

I saw Ann doing an article on rock climbing. At the end of it, she was asked to climb, but in her dizzy ways, all she attempted to do was climb the support rope. I have never respected her since! This was while she was with City TV. Just saying as a viewer.

July 20, 2014 @ 11:06 AM

Fran

I see more and more bald over weight
men on TV. Like most females, I feel
like turning off the TV.

Ann is very good looking and smart!

So say what you want...... YOU must
have issues with good looking people.

Ann cares about animals......who cares about
YOU

November 13, 2014 @ 9:37 PM

Barb

You said it well Fran......I think ugly men
try to put Ann down. Thousand of viewers
wanted Ann to stay on TV. What is the problem
With these jerks! Making bad remarks about
Ann......you most be ugly bald fat men!
You Females.... Just wish you looked like
Ann..... Look at her great eye.....you only
Wish!

November 20, 2014 @ 8:17 PM

Diane

I do not know what to say except shame on most of you nasty evil hearted people. Ann is prettier than most of you ever hope to be without any plastic surgery. Who brought you up I wonder, try looking at a persons inner beauty. Maybe Ann loves animals because they don't have the evil hearts & minds I have witnessed here. DISCUSTING! IS SHE AGING ? YES! as we all will. I don't have the money & education some of you have but also lack your dog eat dog stone hearted attitudes. Thanks Mom for instilling your values & kindness in me. No wonder there is cyberbullying!

November 22, 2014 @ 7:05 AM

Diane

November 22, 2014 @ 7:05 AM

Mike from Canmore

I really don't care why she came back, all I want is for them to bring back speakers corner. They did away with ML Gardens, they did away with Sam da record man, they did away with electric circus and speakers corner hell they even did away with the arcade on yonge and toonie movie theatre and now honest eds is in the shitter. Damn you Toronto for destroying my childhood and teenage memories! Bring those irreplaceable memories back, not irrelevant Ann Rhomer!

February 10, 2015 @ 11:07 AM

johnny spaghetti

I love Ann she is great. I wish she would say something about why she came back. Who cares she Is back and I heard she makes great baby back ribs!!!!!

February 16, 2015 @ 8:14 PM

Godfrey

Well done, Ann! Glad you are continuing Animal Housecalls for a while.

June 21, 2015 @ 11:42 AM

Danny

She weaseled her way back into a contract. Heard she's not well-liked at her job. Maybe she should go do a radio show.

August 13, 2015 @ 5:49 PM

Anonymous

Well, she's retired again folks. She made the announcement just before 5pm. She's leaving television and moving to Collingwood. Are all you Ann haters happy now???

November 20, 2015 @ 5:22 PM

Sirena

Let's hope this time her retirement sticks. I would love to be able to watch CP24 without the irritating voice and attitude.

November 21, 2015 @ 1:02 AM

Sirena

November 21, 2015 @ 1:03 AM

Anonymous

"Haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate".

"Go fuck yourself, fuck yourself, uh, oh, oh".

Love,

Ann Fan

December 24, 2015 @ 9:07 PM

Darlene

Now, if we could only get rid of Kevin (must be bi-polar, Dina (don't know what she's trying to be, but dizzy) and Freaky Frankie (knows everything about everything) on BT

January 30, 2016 @ 6:58 AM

Anonymous

i think they go off and have face work done....then appear like nothing happened...big send off for Ann then poof she's back with a tighter looking face!

February 7, 2016 @ 8:21 AM

brian delaney

before bashing only ann rohmer how about giving a look to the morning crew on cp24. anyone ever wonder what happened to steve anthony's comb. the crew are a bunch of slob in my opinion,,and how the station let them dress so hideously all the time is beyond me. mika's hair is always flying all over the others and i'm sure they get sick of it...

September 4, 2016 @ 9:31 AM

SallyAnn

Some of the people on here who express rude and ignorant comments need to be educated or bullied back by slandering (suing you) for defaming someone's reputation.

January 10, 2018 @ 4:00 PM