The Apple Watch Isn't For Me

I'm not an Apple guy. We all know an Apple guy or two, in fact, you might be one. Some people get very excited about all things Apple and consume Apple's latest technology with religious fervor. I'm not that guy.

Apple's introducing a watch. Appropriately enough, they're calling it the Apple Watch. There's a classy version, a sporty version and a ridiculously expensive version that really only exists to gobble up news space.

I have no interest in an Apple Watch, and not because it's from Apple, I also have no interest in a Samsung Galaxy Gear watch, which has been on the market for a while. I'm just not a watch guy.

In fact, I don't think I've worn a watch since I was a teenager. I find it too constricting. I don't even like wearing a wedding ring. I'd make a fantastic nudist.

Will you be buying the Apple Watch?

Mike from Lowville

NOPE! Not an Apple guy OR a watch guy OR a ring guy OR a bling guy!

March 12, 2015 @ 9:36 AM

elvis

Interesting you were specific on the type of ring Mike. What about a cock ring?

March 12, 2015 @ 10:29 AM

Argie

@Mike & Mike
My sentiments exactly!

However, I can see the Liberty Village "douches" that Liz so perfectly described in a previous discussion going all in on these watches.

March 12, 2015 @ 10:30 AM

Cambo

The "Smart Watch" is just the next fad. No one really "needs" it because we all carry smartphones that do the exact same thing- but with a screen that you can actually see.

March 12, 2015 @ 10:38 AM

@elvis

No rings of any kind... and no bracelets and no necklaces.

March 12, 2015 @ 10:57 AM

James Edgar

I am a watch guy.
Sort Of. I took off a watch about 4 years ago and didn't put one on until my wife( who loves watches and has dozens) bought one for my birthday last year. It's nice,I like wearing it but I'd still not be wearing a watch if someone else didn't buy me one.

I have an iPhone. In fact i just updated to a 6. So I'm kind of an Apple guy i guess but like the watch I might not have updated without a push from my wife (she works for cell company and got a 6 as her work phone.) so by no means am i consumer of Apple everything or an early (line up like an idiot) adapter.

So as for the apple watch ? Not a chance in Hell. In fact I made that clear to my wife and she's 100% in agreement.

March 12, 2015 @ 11:04 AM

McNulty

I am an Apple guy.

The watch is stupid.

I haven't worn a watch since the 90s. I really don't get the need for an Apple Watch.

March 12, 2015 @ 11:25 AM

H

I don't own anything from Apple and that will continue.

March 12, 2015 @ 11:25 AM

Glen

I love watches and wear one all the time but have no interest in an Apple watch.

My favorite watch is over 15 years old. Why would I buy something that will be obsolete in less than 10 months?

March 12, 2015 @ 11:34 AM

Andrew

I only wear watches when I'm going out for a nice dinner or event. I can't mix with a watch on and the watches I own are more valuable than I would want to wear to work.

This just seems stupid. I have to plug my phone in every day, why the hell would I want to plug in my watch every couple of hours.

I'm not a big jewellery guy, I wear my wedding ring and that's it.

Cheers,
Andrew

March 12, 2015 @ 12:09 PM

sctt

I'm a fan of my iphone and ipad, and have even owned a macbook or two. But the watch just seems like a needless gadget and the prices are ridiculous. There isn't anything that it does that I can't already do, Apple was playing up the ability to draw a picture and send it to someone has an intimate way to communicate to someone, but all I see is that its a gimmick. I've never been one to wear a watch, but I think if I were I'd want something that was going to last a long time, and not be obsolete in a year or two.

March 12, 2015 @ 12:11 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Has Apple maybe jumped the shark on this device? I am of an age (early 50's) that only the mechanical watch variety with hands works for me. Never have gotten use to checking my cell phone for the time.

March 12, 2015 @ 9:54 PM

Sammi

No Apples for me. Except ones I eat.

March 13, 2015 @ 7:10 AM

Nick

As a guy who went from 242lbs 19 months ago to 177lbs and keeping it off, I love to run outside , did my first 10k recently, spin class and core work. I have tried every gadget and watch you can name and I will never buy the iwatch. I hate running with my iPhone as it's too big and the iWatch is dependant on the iPhone for GPS. I run with a garmin fenix 2 and an iPod nano. Garmin is coming out with a device called the vivoactive and from what I have seen it's going to be a serious contender to the iWatch.

All that said, I may never buy one but my 16 and 19 year old boys are planning to preorder one.

March 14, 2015 @ 12:41 PM

Anonymous

Interesting comments. I've spoken with a few people that can't wait for the watch. Not because they're apple lovers or gadget guys or want to be trendy. One of them was interested in it due to it being more of a wearable phone (pulling out a phone while he's working isn't practical and he worries about losing his phone). One of the others liked the idea of it being a bit more discreet when he's in meetings versus what people do today which is just reading their phone. Dunno, wait and see.

March 16, 2015 @ 12:25 PM