I'm Marrying the Most Organized Person in the World

I'm Marrying the Most Organized Person in the WorldI'm getting married on Saturday. As the day gets closer, I'm helping out where I can but mainly I'm blown away by how organized my future wife is.

We didn't hire a wedding planner, opting to do it all ourselves. The following parts all have to come together in perfect harmony Saturday:

• Venue
  • Officiant
  • DJ
  • Chair rental
  • Dishes, napkins and a million other parts rental
  • Food
  • Desserts
  • Coffee
  • Booze
  • Wedding cake
  • Servers
  • Bartender
  • Photographer

Then, there's lots of legal stuff like:

• Security
  • Liquor license
  • Photography permit
  • Marriage license

Not to mention the typical wedding stuff, from scheduling the day, making seating arrangements, writing vows, making a speech, organizing the wedding party, wedding favours, table centerpieces, etc.

It looks like it's going to be an amazing day and I know who deserves all the credit. Great job, babe!

Mississauga Phil

@ Mike - Sounds like you found a keeper, good for you man!

June 10, 2013 @ 1:57 PM

Matt

Congrats Mike and Monica!

This thread reminded me of Elvis' RSVP, which still makes me laugh.

If you go away for your honeymoon can you get Elvis and Rosie to do the podcasts in your absence?

June 10, 2013 @ 2:24 PM

felix

Congratulations Mike. Just remember the Groom's duties on the big day:

1) Show up.
2) Be on time.
3) Be (mostly) sober.

June 10, 2013 @ 2:43 PM

Jamie

Congrats Mike, I've found out first hand that second marriages are great the starter ones suck. I'm not sure which one your on but all the best!

June 10, 2013 @ 3:14 PM

Mississauga Phil

@ Jamie - Too true, I'm learning that one also (well...the part about the starter ones sucking anyways.)

June 10, 2013 @ 3:39 PM

This will be marriage #2 of 2...

I don't really have any regrets from marriage #1. We got married very young and pretty much grew up together, having the two most amazing kids you can imagine. I still dig her and she's an amazing mom to my kids. I look back at the 15 years fondly...

But this is a new chapter for me. I'm very excited to be marrying my best friend who really does it for me.

@Matt

No honeymoon until October.

June 10, 2013 @ 4:25 PM

Another Lurker

Don't forget "big Leafs fan".

Still my favourite entry of all time.

June 10, 2013 @ 4:29 PM

Sammi

I haven't been on here for a while and I'm glad I checked in today so that I can congratulate you and Monica and wish you all the best for an amazing life together!

Make sure you have a good selection of music at your wedding ;)

June 10, 2013 @ 4:36 PM

@Sammi

Instead of my standard "all OLP, all the time" joke I'll tell you that we've picked some pretty cool tunes for the ceremony and dances but then told the DJ to play what the people want after dinner... although I did request a little Beastie Boys.

June 10, 2013 @ 4:46 PM

@Sammi

And for my wedding gift, will you finally tell me how I know you?

June 10, 2013 @ 4:50 PM

J9

Congrats! Hope your day is awesome, and the years even better.

(And not all starter marriages suck Mississauga Phil and Jamie. I have been lucky enough to have been married 25 years this year to an amazing fella. We are off to Paris and London as a "yay us" vacation, leaving Thursday night.)

June 10, 2013 @ 5:25 PM

dale

All the BEST to you & Monica in your next chapter in life.

Good Luck - been married 23+ yrs & still love her to death even though I don't know if it's reciprocal - LOL

June 10, 2013 @ 5:49 PM

Sammi

Mike, I will send you an email next week.

June 10, 2013 @ 5:50 PM

Ryan Bonnar

I learned from my recent day of marriage that it's best to assign somebody as your "alcohol manager" - he/she who assures that throughout the evening, as you move from guest to guest in an effort to dialogue with everyone, you always have a sooting drink in your hand.

Security? Are you expecting trouble?

June 10, 2013 @ 6:28 PM

Ryan Bonnar

And if it isn't a "sooting" drink, make sure it's at least a "soothing" one.

June 10, 2013 @ 6:30 PM

Ryan Bonnar

And if it isn't a "sooting" drink, make sure it's at least a "soothing" one.

June 10, 2013 @ 6:30 PM

@Ryan Bonnar

The venue has a rule that we had to hire security if the guestlist exceeded 100 people.

No trouble expected!

June 10, 2013 @ 7:18 PM

Patrick

Mike, congratulations, you are a lucky guy.

June 10, 2013 @ 8:03 PM

Mike Kic

Just one question Booner.....will I hear a KD Land song at some point in the night?

June 10, 2013 @ 8:06 PM

@Mike Kic

Of course!

Right after Billy Ray Cyrus' Achy Breaky Heart...

June 10, 2013 @ 8:11 PM

Rosie

OMG I LOVE THAT PICTURE!!!!

I love love ! So excited for Saturday

June 10, 2013 @ 8:27 PM

elvis

I will be live-tweeting the ceremony and reception.

Either follow @elvisrun or #mikeweds on Saturday.

June 10, 2013 @ 9:01 PM

Rosie

My best friend Chrissy is an amazing hairstylist... one talented enough to take on Toronto Mike's head of hair. Thought I would share the before, during and after with y'all. It's dramatic!

Now, you are ready to get married!

June 10, 2013 @ 9:38 PM

Declan

Congratulations, Mike!

June 10, 2013 @ 11:00 PM

Corey

Didn't realize before, but Mike bears a striking resemblance to Harry Dunne.

June 11, 2013 @ 6:56 AM

@Corey

Only pre-haircut (when I've shampooed and air dried), right?

June 11, 2013 @ 8:58 AM

Argie

Mike,

Congrats and eternal happiness to you both!

I really think you should have went with the Harry Dunne look.

June 11, 2013 @ 9:08 AM

Mississauga Phil

@ J9 - Very happy for you, my folks are coming up on 40 and still madly in love. My thoughts on my now ex (4 months and running) are similar to Mike's on his. She gave me an amazing son, she is a great Mom, we just aren't good together.

However, this is a happy post...Mike's marrying the woman he loves, and Lurker is right,she does look stunning in a leafs jersy

June 11, 2013 @ 9:22 AM

Andrew

Stay away from anyone giving you a nice cuppa... it might contain something that will give you fast and effective relief.

All the best. Kerri and I are coming up on 15 years married in September and 21 years together.

Cheers,
Andrew

June 11, 2013 @ 9:33 AM

Ryan G

I think Mike looks like Dan Duran.

It does seem nowadays that most people who marry quite young end up divorced. Men, particularly younger men, are hard wired to aggressively seek some strange, whether they admit it or not.

I think Dan Duran looks like Mike.

June 11, 2013 @ 10:11 AM

Argie

Ryan,

Every man - married or single - has the potential to cheat. It all comes down to whether the man has the will power and character not too. People will say "we're just human beings" (meaning, its in our nature to cheat and not be monogamous). I dont agree - I believe it just comes down to character.

In terms of age, most men mature and develop character but of course some don't and will never.

June 11, 2013 @ 11:49 AM

Mississauga Phil

@ Argie - You are dead on there my friend.

June 11, 2013 @ 11:58 AM

Tim

Argie,

Every woman - married or single - has the potential to cheat. It all comes down to whether the woman has the will power and character not too. People will say "we're just human beings" (meaning, its in our nature to cheat and not be monogamous). I don't agree - I believe it just comes down to character.

In terms of age, most women mature and develop character but of course some don't and will never.

June 12, 2013 @ 8:45 AM