Be My Proxy for Oxfam Trailwalker Canada 2012

Oxfam Trailwalker Canada 2012My July is going to be messy. I'm literally on call to go to Europe, so I can't commit to participate in the Oxfam Trailwalker. In the Oxfam Trailwalker, teams of 4 hike 100 km in 48 hours, from Wasaga Beach to Midland.

I think it sounds amazing. Each team commits to raise $2,500, but that's where I'd help. I'll chip in a little of my own coin, and promote your team here in the hopes my generous readers will help out as well. Proceeds raised directly benefit people in poverty through Oxfam’s humanitarian aid and development assistance.

Oxfam Trailwalker Canada is taking place on the weekend of July 13th to 15th, 2012 on the Ganaraska Hiking Trail starting at Wasaga Beach, Ontario and ending in the City of Midland. If you can commit your team of four to participate in my place, let me know.

Who's up for the challenge?

McNulty

Funny. This is something that I would totally do but I don't have a team.

Two days of hiking could be interesting and on a fitness level, I would love to see if I could actually do it.

I hope someone takes up the cause, Mike.

June 13, 2012 @ 12:10 PM

@McNulty

I'm surprised at the crickets I hear on this entry. Maybe I can get 3 more to join you?

I'll certainly try...

June 13, 2012 @ 12:49 PM

Oxfam Trailwalker

Thanks Mike!

If anyone wishes to participate but doesn't can't get a full group of 4 committed, please check out our "Lonely Boots" message board: http://www.oxfam.ca/trailwalker/guide/lonely-boots-message-board

We have teams who are looking for 1 or two more ambitions members... they want to finish the trail in 26 hours!

June 22, 2012 @ 11:30 AM

I love this cause! Let me re-tweet this plea.

June 22, 2012 @ 11:39 AM

Heather

We've got a team of 4 determined "chicks in the woods". We'd LOVE your help in the fundraising part! Here's our team page:

June 22, 2012 @ 11:44 AM

@Heather

Perfect... I'll write an entry about you and create some more awareness.

I'll send you an email to get a little more detail about you "chicks in the woods".

June 22, 2012 @ 11:50 AM

Lita Letto

Hi Mike! Team Blister Sisters are hiking this and we are pumped! Any assistance in promoting fundraising would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance :D

Lita and the Blister Sisters Team!

June 26, 2012 @ 7:55 PM