This Just Happened #leafsarethebest

nhlThe Leafs beat the Blue Jackets 4-1 tonight. That's when this happened.

Screenshot

That's right, our beloved Toronto Maple Leafs are currently sitting in first place overall. 30 teams in the league, only one leader. Jinx, schminx.

dale

AGAIN - last time you did this we lost a couple of games. You are a JINX.

Enjoy it now with Leafs in 1st place as I'm SURE they will be struggling to make playoffs in April.

BTW Scrivens was awesome tonight.

November 3, 2011 @ 10:19 PM

David

Blame me. I asked him to do it.

November 3, 2011 @ 11:41 PM

elvis

I hate you.

November 4, 2011 @ 6:20 AM

Sammi

Here we go....the Leafs will lose the next one.

November 4, 2011 @ 7:05 AM

Mississauga Phil

They only lost one after he did this the lst time....THis team is the real-deal - Not 1st the entire season, but we're definatly making the playoffs this year...GO LEAFS GO!!!

November 4, 2011 @ 8:17 AM

David

Well, by the law of averages they'll lose either the next game or the one after anyway.

Hardly a jinx. Just fun reading.

November 4, 2011 @ 9:12 AM

If I'm such a jinx, how do you explain back-to-back World Series championships in '92 and '93? I watched every game those years...

November 4, 2011 @ 9:21 AM

Jamie

Even better feeling is when I look at who's in 25th place.

November 4, 2011 @ 9:40 AM

Sammi

@Mike....but were you blogging about the Jays in '92 and '93???? That's the difference.

November 4, 2011 @ 9:44 AM

elvis

Did you blog stupid standings about the Jays after 13 games or tweet in the middle of the game about a guaranteed win? Jerk.

November 4, 2011 @ 10:11 AM

Mississauga Phil

@ Elvis - what's wrong with Leaf fans being excited about their team being the best in the NHL right now...it's not like we've had a lot to be excited about in the last 10 years. When the Leafs make the playoffs this year all you fairweather fans are going to have to find a different bandwagon cause this one is full of real fans!!

November 4, 2011 @ 10:45 AM

David

Ok, if Mike is such a jerk and a jinx, lets come up with an alias for the Leafs, and use that name instead.

Maybe we could adopt one of the old WHA nicknames!

November 4, 2011 @ 11:30 AM

CQ

Aw, this Leafs team is doomed without Kaberle! He was a stand up good guy that anchored the defence and power play for us. He bled the blue and white.

November 4, 2011 @ 12:09 PM

elvis

@Mississauga Phil - you probably think there isn't anything wrong with switching seats when watching a game, right?

The first rule of fandom is to never talk about how great your team is when they are winning.

The second rule of fandom is to be as irrational as you possibly can.

November 4, 2011 @ 12:39 PM

andrew

Leafs just have to maintain confidence level on their part & keep the drive alive. The pts. picked up in first 13 games have to be credited to the Leafs playing as a TEAM with some players possibly playing "over their heads".

Keep it up.

Has Cheryl gone into hiding??
Habs 25th & sinking as season goes on.

November 4, 2011 @ 2:04 PM

Jacob

Maybe the 2012 theory is true.

A Stanley Cup parade down Yonge street will open a rift in space-time, bringing around the end of the world.

November 4, 2011 @ 2:48 PM

Cheryl

Well, I would love to just dig a hole and hide in it. That would be good. Anyway, my Habs will win tonight. They had lots of rest. They will beat Ottawa tonight. Nothing like a habs game tonight. Hey, I turned all my clocks back already. The game will start at 6:30 instead of 7:30. Nice to have an extra hour, isn't it.

November 4, 2011 @ 5:18 PM

Gump

@Jacob

That may be true, but once they turn 'up' Yonge St, the space/time continuum will repair itself.

November 4, 2011 @ 5:23 PM

Cheryl

My Habs won. That's wonderful. They'll win tonight as well and the Leafs will lose.

November 5, 2011 @ 9:40 AM

NW

As the Bruins are up 7-0 right now in the 3rd period..... Does anybody remember April 2 or April 3, 1969? Maybe the Leafs shouldn't be wearing the sweaters from that year any more. (although those games were in Boston and the Leafs would have been wearing white then).

November 5, 2011 @ 9:27 PM

Cheryl

Well, my Habs just lost. Looks like both our teams lost, but my Habs lost and that's no good. At least my Habs didn't get shut out.

November 5, 2011 @ 10:02 PM

elvis

@Mississauga Phil and Toronto Mike - I hope you're happy. You got excited in November. Thanks for jinxing us.

That's right Phil - I said us. Don't mistake my belief in the jinx for not being a Leaf fan.

November 5, 2011 @ 10:49 PM

Sammi

The jinx continues....

November 5, 2011 @ 11:24 PM

Howie Beaker

The slide has started. Watch how hard it will now be for the buds to pick up two points in every ten game segment. Way too many holes in the D and the P.P. stinks and the P.k. does not force and lets the other team set up too easy.

November 6, 2011 @ 6:57 AM

Pigskin on Ice

I hope the leafs have not jinxed my Buffalo Bills. The Jets could be waiting to give a schelacking on somebody the way the Bruins did to the leafs.

November 6, 2011 @ 7:01 AM

Cheryl

Well, let's hope my Habs win on Tuesday when they play Edmonton. That will be good if they do. Go Habs.

November 6, 2011 @ 8:46 AM

Mississauga Phil

As the great Yogi Berra said -"You will win 30% of the time no matter what you do and loose 30% of the time no matter what you do. It's what happens in the other 40% that counts."

Think about it.

November 7, 2011 @ 10:26 AM

Mississauga Phil

Think about it.

November 7, 2011 @ 10:26 AM

Cheryl

As the season goes on, my Habs will be better than the Leafs. You can count on it. That will be great. Go Habs.

November 7, 2011 @ 4:48 PM

Mississauga Phil

As of today the Habs are in 13th place with 12 points...I doubt they are going to jump the Leafs...but hold on to your dreams I guess....

November 8, 2011 @ 10:20 AM