Being a couple of days late with this stuff isn't going to fly as Canada's celebrity blogger. As you probably already know, we Arrested Development fans aren't just getting a movie, but we're getting another 9 or 10 episodes, each focusing on one character, explaining what they've been up to these past 5 years.
Holy shit, that's sweet. I thank Obama.
In that vein, here's what you've missed, if you're just joining us.
- Arrested Development - "Arrested Development" is very well written, very well acted and entirely addictive. It's hilarious. Clearly, the three funniest shows on television are "The Simpsons", "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and "Arrested Development". Try it once and you'll be hooked. Quality like this doesn't rear it's pretty face very often and rarely sticks around. - July 19, 2004
- The Friday Five - My favourite television shows still being produced. - August 20, 2004
- The Emmys - As for Arrested Development, it is such a diamond in the rough. Just when I was about to give up on network television I discovered this show and it's hilarious. - September 20, 2004
- Rescue Me - Below are the shows I actually make an effort to watch. - September 30, 2004
- Laugh Tracks - "The Simpsons", "The Larry Sanders Show", "The Kids in the Hall", "The Family Guy", "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and "Arrested Development" are all shows I've found hilarious over the years and not one of them employs a laugh track. - October 7, 2004
- Appointment Viewing - "Arrested Development" is hilariously written, well acted and extremely smart. It's the funniest new show since "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and the first time I've been excited about a network show since "The Family Guy". It's such a pleasure to watch, I'm always totally bummed when the half hour ends and I know it's another week before I get to enjoy the Bluth family again. - December 11, 2004
- Leno or Letterman? - Then again, "Arrested Development" is wrapping its second season a month early, sitting out the May sweeps (as it did last year) and, at the network's behest, produced fewer than the usual 22 episodes. The funniest show on television most likely won't see a third season. People aren't watching "Arrested Development" but stay up late for Leno's crapfest. - February 10, 2005
- Is This It? - Tomorrow night is the second season finale of "Arrested Development". It's also likely the series finale. "Arrested Development" ranks 118th this season to date in the United States and had its order shortened from 22 to 18 episodes. - April 16, 2005
- Arresting Developments - I'm continuously raving about "Arrested Development" because it's a jewel of a comedy in a steaming, heaping pile of crap. In April, when the season two finale aired, I asked "is this it?". All indications were that Fox would cancel the show due to poor ratings. It's great, but nobody watches. - May 14, 2005
- The Friday Five - Five shows that made/make me laugh my ass off (excluding The Simpsons). - August 5, 2005
- Arrested Development Cancelled - The funniest show on television has just been cancelled. - November 11, 2005