Everything is Happening - Bob Cole

PuckPlayoff hockey is the best. Throw in a game seven or two, and it makes for a fantastic night of television. Last night's Canucks ~ Blackhawks game was sensational, but the call of the night belonged to Bob Cole during the Bruins ~ Habs game.

Everything is happening!

Perfect. The perfect call in the perfect timber from the greatest hockey play-by-play announcer of our generation. I've said it before, I will always love him.

Everything is happening... think about it. It says it all....

Thanks, Bob. Long may you be the voice of my favourite NHL memories.

b6e2ba404157b3a83fc06e00e5ca

If someone would upload Bob Cole's "everything is happening" call to YouTube, I'd be eternally grateful.

Richard C Jennings

The best of Bob Cole:

April 27, 2011 @ 1:20 PM

The Best of Bob Cole is redundant.

Bob Cole would have been suffice.

And when will James Reimer produce a birth certificate to prove he's human?

April 27, 2011 @ 1:28 PM

MrFascination

Disagree... Bob Cole Lost It Back In The Early 90's... Use To Love Him In The 80's... But Now He Just Doesn't Read The Plays... Makes Weird Calls.

April 27, 2011 @ 1:38 PM

If by "weird" you mean "awesome", we agree once more @MrFascination.

April 27, 2011 @ 1:40 PM

Tom

Even the "Lost" Bob Cole is far better than Jim Hughson. This Canuck loving hack bores the hell out of me.

Cole's voice is powerful, exciting & a pleasure to listen to.

No one can beat Dan Kelly though, this guy was tops.

April 27, 2011 @ 2:43 PM

Jay

Bob Cole's best days are behind him.
Jim Hughson is the best play-by-play man CBC has today,
but my all-time favorite is Dick Irvin.

April 27, 2011 @ 4:27 PM

Hector

Bob Cole should have already retired at least 10 years ago. He has become a parody of himself.

April 27, 2011 @ 4:34 PM

_Justink

I firmly believe Bob Cole is still the best hockey announcer in the business. If there was such a thing as the voice of hockey, Bob Cole would be it. I love how just like the players on the ice he seems to elevate his game during the playoffs.

April 27, 2011 @ 5:17 PM

Cheryl

No, Bob Cole is not the best. Rick Moffat, the habs play by play radio announcer is the best. Rick Moffat rules and so do the Habs. Habs will win again tonight. Go Habs. Ole ole.

April 27, 2011 @ 6:02 PM

CQ

IMO, He's improved since Harry Neale left for Buffalo. Their combination staggered for a number of preceding years.

April 27, 2011 @ 6:23 PM

Argie

Bob has a great voice but not a brain to match.

Mike Richards of TSN radio does an awesome Cole: (...and he passes it to that guy and its saved by the goalie...oh baby!").

April 27, 2011 @ 6:43 PM

Irvine

Yep, Cole is a classic and one of the best. But his best days are behind him. He needs to retire before he becomes a parody of himself

April 27, 2011 @ 8:25 PM

J9

I agree with Jay - Dick Irvin is my favourite too.

April 28, 2011 @ 6:09 AM

Sammi

I agree with Irvine who copied his line from Hector.

April 28, 2011 @ 6:40 AM

Boomer

Bob Cole is a classic and is synonimous with Saturday night hockey.

As a Habs fan Dick Irvin is my favourite color man.

April 28, 2011 @ 8:16 AM

headsup

I grew up with Bob and Harry - they were Saturday nights for my generation. I gotta say that Bob's voice is still there, but I have noticed a decline in his sharpness (not quite the same as he used to be). I still love his calls though. Here's a fave of mine...

April 28, 2011 @ 10:06 AM

Quinny.

Bob needs to be put to pasture - end of story.

Sure he has great pipes but he can't think or recognize names or situations fast enough any longer.

Last night in the Hab-Bruin game he was referring to Eller as Gomez and Darche as Moen for the better part of a shift.

April 28, 2011 @ 10:28 AM

Tim

Hey habs fans, yeah you Cheryl. You can suck it!!!

At least one ex-leaf to cheer for....come on Thomas Kaberle Ya.

Blue and white til I die

April 28, 2011 @ 4:10 PM

A.R.

Now the Habs can enjoy their golf season.

Also, vote for a better Canada. Vote for the NDP.

April 28, 2011 @ 5:47 PM

Cheryl

Yes, my Habs are gone. I don't want to talk about it. No more hockey for me until next season. I'm so mad. My Habs lost, but they'll win the cup next year.

April 28, 2011 @ 6:14 PM

Gump

(Nearly) anyone can be a reader of the play, but veery few can capture the spirit of the game.
Bob Cole is fantastic at that and makes watching playoff hockey a pleasure.

April 28, 2011 @ 6:20 PM

Romy

Bob Cole is one of the best. Period.

In my lifetime, he's one of the Big Three of Danny Gallivan, Dan Kelly and Bob Cole (in no particular order).

There is nobody working today (in English, anyway) who is even close to Cole in terms of being able to make "the big call".

April 29, 2011 @ 5:00 AM

Gary

Love when Toronto plays Ottawa on CBC and Bob is announcing.
"The puck brought up / by the Sen / to the blue/line / Oh! / That was / QUITE the hit / Down goes the Sens player, beaten by Sundin for the puck / wow! tempers are really starting to flare... ... ... here at the ACC!

He's got the cadence of William Shatner and the the annunciation of Christopher Walken.

April 30, 2011 @ 10:05 PM

HK Subban

Bob Cole is still the greatest play by play announcer around, even 10 years past his prime. Jim Hughson's affectations make me cringe, and yes, even though Cole makes mistakes, has trouble identifying certain penalties, he still captures the emotion of a game better than anyone.

If only Chris Cuthbert, bless him, had something close to Cole's pipes...oh well...

May 3, 2011 @ 2:59 AM