I just got a glance at the lineup for the 2011 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. Here's the poster, followed by a few observations by yours truly.
- The first thing I noticed is that Death From Above 1979 is on this bill. Welcome back, guys. You were missed.
- Good on Arcade Fire for scoring the largest font. Their Saturday bill includes Cancon heavyweights Broken Social Scene and The New Pornographers.
- Speaking of Cancon heavyweights, if you scroll way down that poster, and look at the very last line in the smallest font... you'll find one of my favourite performers of all time.
- And a few lines above Gord Downie, you'll see City and Colour. I smell a Sleeping Sickness duet.
- I'm embarrassed to report there's a band in the 2nd largest font that I had never heard of. I had to Google Caifanes to learn they're a Spanish-language rock band. We don't get a lot of Spanish-language rock up here.