Test Pattern with Dan Gallagher on MuchMusic

musicIn the early 90s, I used to catch a game show on MuchMusic called Test Pattern. It was hosted by Dan Gallagher and it wasn't particularly funny or clever, but if I stumbled upon it I'd watch. I think I watched because of Dan Gallagher.

Dan Gallagher's friend, Luciano Casimiri, lived on my mom's street at the time. We'd see Dan walking by all the time. I remember he was a big fan of our sprinkler.

Dan passed away far too young in 2001. Here's a MuchMusic promo for Test Pattern.

Argos

Dan did in-house Argo announcements for a bit at the SkyDome.

October 2, 2010 @ 1:40 PM

VegasGeoff

I was on the second season of Test Pattern. Not as a contestant, but as part of a band that played in a mock parade leading Dan into the studio.

October 2, 2010 @ 2:16 PM

Elba

My TV claim to fame: I was a contestant on the first show of the second season. Shudder.

October 2, 2010 @ 4:59 PM

Pat

Watched it regularly.

October 2, 2010 @ 5:18 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Loved Dan, great guy and personality. Last time I ran into him was at least 10-12+ years ago when he was MC for a Beach Volleyball match being run at the Oakville Water Front Festival. Passed far too early. couldn't believe it was almost 10 years ago.

October 3, 2010 @ 10:01 PM

Jamie

My sister and I watched this religiously. We loved Pablo's Hands.

October 17, 2010 @ 3:27 PM

larry fitzpatrick

i cant beleive i am seeing this i knew he was a popular man,in toronta,some years ago i went there to vistit his mother,whom was my mothers sister,whom emigrated from ireland,many moons a go,unfortnely she had died some years before i got there,at that time it was not so easy to communicate with anyone i also tried to communicate with his sister eileen,i also learned she to was deceased,i was visting friends of mine,in brampton ont,and had very liminted time there.please,please if anyone can help me.please contact me for my phone no.

January 28, 2012 @ 6:43 PM

Nivek

I was a contestant on the last show... themed 'leather and lace'. I was asked by them to be on it. Had a blast.

January 30, 2012 @ 6:37 PM