My Google Chrome Extensions

ChromeA loyal Firefox user since before the thing was called Firefox, I switched to Google Chrome in February. You might have read about it. A month later, I was back to Firefox.

About a month ago, I quietly switched back to Chrome. Now that the Chrome extensions are as good, if not better than Firefox's, it's tough to ignore Chrome's speed advantage. It's just faster.

Here are the Chrome extensions I currently have enabled, listed in alphabetical order. I don't know if you care, but I'm always curious what extensions others are enjoying.

1. AdBlock
  2. Are You Watching This?! Sports
  3. bit.ly | a simple URL shortener
  4. Copy Without Formatting
  5. Docs PDF/PowerPoint Viewer (by Google)
  6. Flickr Upload
  7. Forecastfox Weather
  8. Google Calendar Checker (by Google)
  9. Google Mail Checker Plus
  10. Google News
  11. Google Reader Checker
  12. Google reader RSS Subscriber
  13. Handy Google Shortcuts
  14. IE Tab Classic
  15. Meebo Cleaner
  16. Meebo Notifier
  17. Pendule
  18. Power Twitter for Chrome
  19. Screen Capture (by Google)
  20. Twitter Search Results on Google

If you recommend any Chrome extensions I'm not using, please let me know in the comments.

brad

how many visitors to your site use chrome?

October 14, 2010 @ 11:04 PM

Over the past 30 days, visitors to this blog are using:

1. IE - 47.26%
2. Firefox - 26.59%
3. Safari - 14.39%
4. Chrome - 8.80%

October 14, 2010 @ 11:08 PM

Cambo

Mike...how can you not have the XMarks extension installed?! If you're using multiple browsers, and multiple PC's, it's a must.

October 15, 2010 @ 9:29 AM

VegasGeoff

I do a lot of searching on YouTube, so I use YouTube Search. Saves me pulling up the YouTube website every time.

October 15, 2010 @ 10:47 AM

I thought Xmarks was gonzo now.

October 15, 2010 @ 12:03 PM

Cambo

It is...sort of. They're in talks to merge with other services, or to change from free to paid service. They polled, and most people said they'd pay around 10$ a year for it.

October 15, 2010 @ 1:16 PM

The_Voice

How in the world are people still using IE?

October 15, 2010 @ 2:59 PM

CQ

re: The_Voice
My blogger site weekly stats indicate about 87% Internet Explorer, followed by Firefox 5%, then Chrome 3%.
Denmark is listed as the top country by double. For a month (including my own log-in's) the numbers don't change very much; Denmark still ranks as a close 2nd country to the U.S., other browsers each take up a percentage.
I suspect that Internet Explorer usage is mostly computerized trackers. I use Firefox.

October 15, 2010 @ 3:50 PM

Ajax Mike

Alas, I'm stuck using IE at work. Not allowed to install an alternative.

October 15, 2010 @ 8:42 PM

Roshan

I'm using both FF & Chrome simultaneously, keeping one window of each open at all times. I'm using Firefox for all blogs, payment options etc. I use Chrome for Youtube, Wikipedia & other Wikisites like for my obsessions on the Star Trek, Stargate & BSG franchises.
Best of both worlds.

October 15, 2010 @ 11:25 PM

_Justink

I'm having a problem with "Are You Watching This?! Sports."

It doesn't self update anymore. I've tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it, but I have the same problem. That extension, once loved, has now been pushed off the shelf.

October 16, 2010 @ 10:11 AM

I've noticed this issue with the Are You Watching This?! Sports extension.

I have to double click the "Today" link at the top to update it. At least it still makes for a convenient score checker.

October 16, 2010 @ 11:14 AM

jason | getyouroj.com

I use Chrome but without all the helplessly nerdy extensions only a guy like you has time to go through and figure out.

October 17, 2010 @ 8:31 AM

jason | getyouroj.com

October 17, 2010 @ 8:32 AM

C'mon Jason, I'm just smarter than you. There's no shame in admitting that.

October 17, 2010 @ 2:08 PM