Father - Daughter Time

familyI've got a son and a daughter. My son, who's the oldest of the two, loves playing baseball and hockey and doing "guy things". He likes to do this stuff with his dad, so I spend a lot of time with him at baseball diamonds, at hockey rinks and messing around.

Although I try to get my daughter to do similar things with me, she far prefers her dance class and playing with her friends. For whatever reason, I don't seem to score these gigs, either because I'm working or busy with James' many activities. I don't often get extended periods of quality father - daughter time.

That's changing tomorrow. For the first time ever, my daughter and I are going on a camping trip together. We're pitching a tent and enjoying a couple of nights under the stars, just the two of us.

I can't wait.

Family Portraits by LMP

David

Have an awesome time Mike, enjoy your girl, they grow up fast. Mine just turned 16 and it seems like yesterday that I held her right after she was born...

Cheers man...and enjoy the weekend.

May 27, 2010 @ 10:13 PM

McNulty

Enjoy your weekend. I have two boys and will never know Fatherhood from that perspective.

But I wouldn't change it for the world.

May 28, 2010 @ 7:29 AM

4x4 Time

Have a great weekend, both of you will have memories for life.
Indeed, they grow up fast, my daughter is getting married this summer and I wonder where the years went.

May 28, 2010 @ 8:50 AM

Faunie

Special times with your daughter (or son) make memories for life! Enjoy and have a great weekend!

May 28, 2010 @ 9:39 AM

Race_Coach

There is a wonderful story (short book) about a dad camping with his daughter - he brushes her hair, they roast marshmellows, talk a lot and have a great bonding time. Damn! I wish I could remember it's title or the author. I hope you had such a memorable weekend. Grasp these opportunities while you can.

May 29, 2010 @ 4:25 PM

Roshan

That's a picture perfect postcard like pic of dad and daughter :)

June 2, 2010 @ 9:24 PM