Now that we have Portable People Meter (PPM) technology, we have a better grasp of true Toronto radio ratings. Mondoville just tipped me off that David Bray has published the latest Toronto PPM figures for September 2009.
% Share of Hours Tuned
Oct ‘09CBC Radio Two184.108.40.206CBC Radio One220.127.116.11AM 640 Toronto18.104.22.168Classical 96.3 FM22.214.171.1242.1 The Edge126.96.36.199News Talk 1010 CFRB4.41.44680 News188.8.131.52Flow 184.108.40.206.3AM 740 Prime Time Radio220.127.116.118.1 CHFI-FM18.104.22.168CP24 Radio 105000.10104.5 CHUM-FM12.820.411.8Z103.52.743.5Q1078.68.113.8New Country 22.214.171.124.5The FAN 5902.915.797.3 EZ Rock126.96.36.199Jazz FM 9188.8.131.528.5 The Jewel184.108.40.206Virgin Radio 99.96.711.67.1KISS 220.127.116.11.1
Here are a few of my thoughts as I take in the numbers. David Bray has a nice September vs. October chart, btw.
- 102.1 The Edge is down a full point since September, from 6.3 to 5.3
- Chicks love 104.5 CHUM-FM
- The 0.1 score amongst women for CP24 Radio 1050 suggests they are in fact being measured
- The FAN 590 beats both AM 640 Toronto and News Talk 1010 CFRB
- KISS 92.5 is off to a rough start
What do you guys think?