Why I'm Still Digging Twitter

twitter@scroll just directed me to a CHART OF THE DAY that shows Twitter's growth by age group and helps explain why I'm still digging Twitter.

twitter

No kids allowed. Adults are talking.

Gary

Twitter is for adults who think they are being cool but are actually being laughed at....sort of like baby boomers who like Maroon 5 and think they are cool for doing so.

August 4, 2009 @ 9:03 PM

Toronto Mike

Or Gary, it's so truly cool, guys like you just don't get it.

August 4, 2009 @ 9:49 PM

Gary

Yeah...tweeting is real cool. I'm sure you wear a bluetooth piece in your ear too.

August 5, 2009 @ 3:14 AM

Toronto Mike

No bluetooth.

I hardly ever use my blackberry as a phone. Phone calls are so passé.

August 5, 2009 @ 8:47 AM

Dizzy

I had a twitter, but I killed it off. I guess I didn't "get" it. Plus, some people I was following at the time posted tonnes of messages a day and pushing the posts of others to relative obscurity.

I like Facebook better, anyhow.

August 5, 2009 @ 8:57 AM

Sammi

Sorry Mike, but Gary is right.

August 5, 2009 @ 9:11 AM

Toronto Mike

I find a lot of value in the tweets from certain people I follow.

Some I follow for a laugh, some I follow for their MSM insight, some I follow for good Leafs chatter, some I follow for breaking news and some I follow for fun.

I think I'll write about my 10 favourite Twitterers.

August 5, 2009 @ 9:16 AM

Sammi

Just to further illustrate Gary's point, which I agree with....Twitter is like a 80 year old woman in a tank top....or a 80 year old man in hip-hugger jeans.

August 5, 2009 @ 9:19 AM

Fredericton Steve

Sammi and Gary have it right.

August 5, 2009 @ 2:04 PM

LEW

I wondered where all those 40+yr old men with pony-tails went....sorry Mike, my 13 year old daughter is sick of it, but do check out Christopher Moore's tweets for a good laugh. Has your wife read any of his work...very good. Argie would love Lamb, okay - I would love to read Lamb to Argie.

August 5, 2009 @ 3:12 PM

kr

Twitter is mentioned in the Internet World as much as Facebook...so you can't deny its success ppl.

I'm 20, and I have a Twitter account. But do I use it as a social networking site? No. I'm not following any of my friends (I doubt they have an account). And I don't even tweet regularly. I'm using it only to follow interesting ppl (celebs & cool bloggers).

Overall, I still think it's a good tool to get quick updates in real time. And it's so simple to use...so it's great for all sorts of ppl.

August 5, 2009 @ 8:12 PM