Pete and Geets Audio From the Spirit of Radio

radioDavid Haydu a.k.a. Geets Romo and Pete Griffin were the Pete and Geets morning show on CFNY from 1982-1987. I must confess, I was a little young for Pete and Geets, preferring to listen to Tom Rivers and the Rivers Air Force on CFTR, but I've heard great things about Pete and Geets.

Because I now have the Spirit Reunion CD, I have a tonne of great audio to share with fans of the old CFNY. Let's start with a clip from the Pete and Geets show.

It's a great bit about the old CFNY "One of the world's two great radio stations" promo. Have a listen.

Paul

Holy crap, enough about 102.1. Good lord!

August 10, 2009 @ 2:48 PM

Toronto Mike

Here's an idea. Why don't you skip the entries in the Edge 102 ~ CFNY category if you dislike them.

August 10, 2009 @ 2:50 PM

Freddie P.

The guy Pete and Geets are talking to is Mike Stafford.
He did loads of bits like this.

August 10, 2009 @ 3:39 PM

Mike from Lowville

Hey Fred, I listened today......good stuff ya bugger! ;^O

August 10, 2009 @ 4:01 PM

Toronto Mike

Freddie, I tried to listen. The whole reason I'm leading off with Pete and Geets is because if you guys appearing on the DBS today.

Unfortunately, I couldn't listen. But my friend said it was great hearing your voice on CFNY again.

August 10, 2009 @ 4:03 PM

Buffaloboymike

Great simply awesome, I was too young too for Pete and Geets but I totally get them and the more I hear of their bits the more I like them
too bad I didnt really catch on to 102 until it was Humble and Fred time because I would have really enjoyed them

August 10, 2009 @ 7:00 PM

Wayner

Pete and Geets (and Fred) were great in the mornings and i do remember a lot of what they did...It was sad when they left but Humble & Fred took over and did a great job. I am sure that they had their detractors back in the day as well

August 11, 2009 @ 11:24 AM

Calgary

Their first morning show together was Sept. 14, 1980.

January 18, 2011 @ 6:53 PM