I mentioned I'm taking a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid for a week test drive. I picked it up this morning and drove it around town, and here are some quick initial thoughts.
- When you turn the ignition, there's complete silence. The only indication you've turned the car on is a little green light. It's going to take some time to get used to that.
- I love getting satellite radio in the car, Sirius specifically. I listened to Howard Stern interview Quentin Tarantino and quickly remembered how much I love that show.
- As you conserve, you see leaves growing on your dashboard. It helps make it a game. You want to conserve and make those leaves multiply.
- Once I found the USB port, an ordeal unto itself, I was quickly reminded how cool that Sync technology is with my iPod. Between the iPod and Sirius, I doubt I'd even listen to terrestrial radio in a car like this.
- When I'm reversing in the Fusion, the front panel shows me what's behind me. There's a freakin' camera mounted above the rear license plate. There are even beeps and other warnings when someone is approaching or when you're too close to that car/pole/person.
- It's a sweet ride. I took it on the highway and through city streets and it's been a pleasure. I'm looking forward to this road trip, I'm just sorry I have to give it back.
Hey Ford, whattyasay we let this one stay with Toronto Mike?