2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Test Drive

carLast year Ford gave me a Ford Focus for a week and I took it all the way to Meaford. Next week they're giving me a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid to scoot around in and I'm planning to drive it to Pinery for a little camping.

I don't know much about the Fusion, but I'm told it's an eco-friendly alternative. It's got this feature called SmartGauge with EcoGuide which "gives hybrid owners a more-connected, fuel-efficient driving experience by coaching them on how to optimize performance of the 2010 Ford Fusion hybrid."

Here's the PR slant on SmartGauge:

SmartGauge with EcoGuide’s unique design uses two, high-resolution, full-color liquid crystal display (LCD) screens on either side of the analog speedometer that can be configured to show different levels of information, including fuel and battery power levels, average and instant litres/100 km. Growing leaves and vines track and reward the driver’s efficiency.

What have you guys heard about the Ford Fusion?

Jonathan Norris

I am really interested in this car, looks like a good style upgrade from last years model. Looking forward to hearing what you think about it.

August 11, 2009 @ 11:39 AM

Argie

I hear Strombo likes Ford.

August 11, 2009 @ 1:24 PM

Toronto Mike

If Strombo likes Ford, I can skip the test drive and go straight to the sales counter.

August 11, 2009 @ 4:32 PM

Mike from Lowville

lol.........good one Mike. As for Argie...remember that old Honda motorcycle commercial that used the line "you meet the nicest people on a Honda? They did that because motorcyclists were considered bad asses, you know Hell's Angels types. Well NOW the line is....."you meet the biggest ASSHOLES driving a Honda" not the bike, the cars!

Mike, as with the Focus, your going to love the Fusion, as you would any of the Ford Family lineup!

August 11, 2009 @ 8:22 PM

Argie

M-Lowville - I think that line about assholes only applies to Mustang drivers.

I love the car but so many a-holes drive them. Do you drive one?

August 11, 2009 @ 9:49 PM

Mike from Lowville

Only a 1968 Fastback. Have you ever noticed that the Honda/Toyota/Nissan/Kia/etc/etc/etc manufacturers didn't include signals on their vehicles? That can't be right! Oh..........it's the DRIVERS that must NOT be using them! Like I said a-holes!

August 12, 2009 @ 11:10 AM

Argie

I will agree those little pimply faced Gen-Y'er punks have sullied the rep of civic drivers everywhere.

The difference is that they're usually driving a lowered and heavily modified 1993 Si with rims that cost more than the blue value of their car.

The '68 fastback is a sweet car.

August 12, 2009 @ 12:04 PM