Maple Leafs 1, Canadiens 6

LeafsLadies and gentlemen, last night we were exposed. We were exposed as the young, inexperienced, undisciplined team we are. The victory over Detroit, as we suspected, was an aberration. The egg we laid last night, as difficult as it was to watch, is more likely to become the norm this season.

Particularly disturbing last night, especially in the second period from hell, was how poorly our new defence played. When I search for the positives on this team, I first point to Toskala and then to our new faster, younger, solidified defencemen. Last night, they were all exposed, even the young Jedi, and I found myself missing Brad Marsh.

They'll be better days. At least Cujo got a shutout.

Current Record  Last Games Season Leaders
1-1-0
2 points
Tied for 4th in Northeast Division
6-1 Loss vs. Montreal
3-2 Win vs. Detroit
D. Moore - 1
N. Kulemin - 1
P. Kubina - 1

Cini

Hey Mike, well not to put a positive light on it, the Leafs did have a 4 posts last night. even if a couple of them go in its a more positive outcome. We looked pretty bad, but Montreals defence wasn't that spectacular either.

October 12, 2008 @ 12:33 PM

Buffalo Boy Mike

Yeah and from now on, go stick side on Price hes vulnerable over there. Almost as vulnerable as Andrew Raycrofts Glove Hand

October 12, 2008 @ 12:44 PM

eyebleaf

the young Jedi looked 18 last night, that's for sure.

October 12, 2008 @ 1:48 PM

A.R.

I couldn't believe how many people said we'd have a good season after that first game.

Anything's possible, but everyone seemed to forget that you have to wait and watch many games before making such judgments.

October 12, 2008 @ 10:15 PM

Buffalo Boy Mike

I just said that they are not going to be that bad AR, I never said playoffs, I just said they wouldn't be the worst. besides, remember, there is Columbus, Florida, and the NY Islanders that they would have to work really hard to finish behind those three teams, all of sudden they are 11, take into consideration Ottawa is probably not going to get off to a rip roaring start with no Alfy for a few weeks and the loss of Wade Redden and they may not be the dominating force they were.

October 13, 2008 @ 7:35 AM

Mike from Lowville

The only thing I didn't like about that game was the one, lonely goal that stole the shutout from Halak. ;0)

That's one......