My fellow Canadians, I have no doubt you'll be tuning into the debate tonight. After all, it's the first televised English debate between Stephen Harper, Stephane Dion, Jack Layton, Gilles Duceppe and Elizabeth May.
What's that? You're going to watch a different debate tonight? Shame on you... but since we're being honest here, I'll be switching my attention to the USA VP candidates myself at 9 pm ET. Luckily, ours kicks off at 8 pm ET.
I was going to list songs with "debate" in the title, but there really aren't any. Instead, here are 15 "fight" songs to get you in the mood.
- Fight the Power - Public Enemy
- Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting - Elton John
- (You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party) - Beastie Boys
- Don't Fight It - Wilson Pickett
- Street Fighting Man - The Rolling Stones
- The Last Fight - Velvet Revolver
- The Last Gunfighter - Johnny Cash
- Fight - The Tragically Hip
- Can't Fight This Feeling - REO Speedwagon
- Fight Like A Brave - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Fight Test - The Flaming Lips
- Still Fighting It - Ben Folds
- Supersoulfighter - Lenny Kravitz
- Can't Fight It - Bob Mould
- Street Fighting Years - Simple Minds