Clickety Click, Barba Trick!

rewindIt happened again today. I pulled a neat little trick with PHP and exclaimed "Clickety click, Barba trick!"

I've written about Barbapapa before. I used to watch this cartoon on TVO in the late 70s and early 80s and it was one of my favourites. Barbapapa was a pear shaped blob who could change his shape. He had a wife and several Barbababies, each a different colour.

That expression, "Clickety click, Barba trick!", comes from the show. Here's an episode that instantly brought me back to 1979.

felix

The problem with getting older is that our obscure pop culture references become increasingly obscure. Kudos, though, who doesn't love a little Barbapapa?

August 28, 2008 @ 3:23 PM

Megan

lol, i say that too from time to time. I couldn't remember why the Barbapapa's said it!
I also find the Kreskin references seem to be fading with the younger generation! What am I Kreskin??

August 28, 2008 @ 3:54 PM

Toronto Mike

I find myself working with more and more people born in the 80s, and most of my references are completely lost on them. When you clench your fist and raise it in the air while yelling "Olympia!" and your colleagues think you've lost it, you know you're in trouble.

I think Barbapapa said that when he was changing into something. He's morph into a shape and say it then.

August 28, 2008 @ 3:57 PM

felix

You are correct, sir.

August 28, 2008 @ 4:01 PM

Stephanie Wilkinson

Does anyone remember the cartoon, The Land of Oz? I can still sing that thing word for word. About a year ago we were talking about it at work and when we watched it on YouTube... it was clearly produced for the heavy drug user of the 70s.

Then there's someone else in the office who has no idea what it was like to get to sty up late on a Saturday night to watch the Love Boat or even who Cliff and Norm are.

That...

That is sad.

August 28, 2008 @ 10:51 PM

Toronto Mike

I remember well the Land of Oz.

And not knowing Cliff or Norm is totally unacceptable. That's like me not knowing Lucy and Ethel simply because I was born in the 70s.

August 29, 2008 @ 8:54 AM