Every Monday I shuffle my entire MP3 collection in iTunes and list the first ten songs that played. Here are the ten tunes I heard today with a personal story about one of them.
- Wild Horses - Rolling Stones
- Whole Lotta Love - Led Zeppelin
- In My Secret Life - Leonard Cohen
- Lithium - Evanescence
- G.O.D. We Tru$t - Maestro
- The Way - Fastball
- About Me - They Might Be Giants
- Free To Decide - The Cranberries
- I Predict A Riot - Kaiser Chiefs
- Into Temptation - Crowded House
I'm not a big Evanescence fan, but I've given their first two albums a spin or two, so I'm familiar with the content. I always thought it was rather ballsy of Amy Lee to name one of their tunes "Lithium". There's another "Lithium" in the rock world that you might be more familiar with and it sorta means a mega crapload to dudes my age.
Evanescence's "Lithium" is rather forgettable, but it's an awesome segue into one of my favourite songs of all-time.