When I found the bridge pic last night, I found a few other nuggets from the mid-90s. The picture below is my home entertainment system in my very first apartment in 1996. Here's a little more I wrote about 30 Charles Street West, University of Toronto family housing. The rent was dirt cheap but you had to be both a student at the university and married to get in.
Looking at this pic, a few things jump out at me.
- There's a Super Nintendo on the floor. Until a Nintendo Wii showed up at Christmas, that was the last gaming console I played.
- I recently dusted off that stereo and moved it to my current bedroom. I was listening to it this morning.
- That very VCR is still hooked up to the television in our bedroom.
- It's strange seeing all those CDs out - now that everything is MP3, all the CDs are stored away.
- That dresser the television is sitting on has been painted green and now resides in our kitchen.
In twelve years, very little has changed!